Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

Post by Pick »

Seeing as I went to Virginiaimg]
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:36pm, edited 23 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Very nice, Pick! Especially the first one, though brother looks awful cheerful about having his shoulder clawed up. :lol:
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Very nice, Pick! Especially the first one, though brother looks awful cheerful about having his shoulder clawed up. :lol:
I suspect its because that wound is about to have a change of venue, assuming the time period syncs up. :wink:

And the rest are very good, especially Shader's parents. Azzarns really don't seem to age that much physically.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:
Gil Hamilton wrote:Very nice, Pick! Especially the first one, though brother looks awful cheerful about having his shoulder clawed up. :lol:
I suspect its because that wound is about to have a change of venue, assuming the time period syncs up. :wink:
The bands are there. If nothing else, that's why I drew black marks instead of wounds, which, like, be bleeding :lol:.
And the rest are very good, especially Shader's parents. Azzarns really don't seem to age that much physically.
They reach a peak at about thirty-five (probably about Shader's parent's age) to sixty, though legal maturity is twenty. Past that, they don't physically age at all 8) (other than getting taller.) That is why Edge's age was a serious surprise to Shader.

.... aaaand why in the first statements of introduction to Umber, Edge specifically referred to Umber as "ancient". Otherwise, they technically wouldn't know. The real difference between Umber's earlier appearance as opposed to his current is sleep deprivation, a lack of concern for upkeep to his looks, and about -40 pounds :lol:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Manly combat! Hoquer gets medieval on Edge's . . . shoulder.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

nice pics, though I seems to still have problems telling the genders apart.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Lord Revan wrote:nice pics, though I seems to still have problems telling the genders apart.
That's the sign of a great manga-ka, which Pick is becoming. It takes alot of talent to make characters that androg...er...bishounen. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Manly combat! Hoquer gets medieval on Edge's . . . shoulder.
My personal assumption was that he was grabbing Edge to hold him in place. Edge is a tricky bitch and has a tendency to slip away, even though he doesn't have to. Hoquer is extremely strong, but he isn't as quick as Edge is.

Also notably, if he's neglecting his weapon, he's probably pretty close to berserking....
Revan wrote:nice pics, though I seems to still have problems telling the genders apart.
Only girls familiar with shoujo comics probably would be able to reliably discern the genders :wink:. It's no failing of yours. They have the whole fruity-elf thing going on pretty heavily :lol:.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: My personal assumption was that he was grabbing Edge to hold him in place. Edge is a tricky bitch and has a tendency to slip away, even though he doesn't have to. Hoquer is extremely strong, but he isn't as quick as Edge is.
I have to respect a man who will hold someone by impaling them with his claws.
Also notably, if he's neglecting his weapon, he's probably pretty close to berserking....
Mwhahahahaha!
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Heyoo, people.
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

The horns look pretty cool.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Looks amazing Pick, as usual.

The B&W actually gives it a nice look, which I like. :P
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

What are the horns made of? They don't look ceramic.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:What are the horns made of? They don't look ceramic.
:wink: They're ceramic too. All of the texturing was done with clay that was then painted. It was very difficult to get them right.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That is totally hardcore. Especially the horns. The texturing involved there is exceptional.
What is Project Zohar?

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

わあ〜〜!!画と像はすごい〜!ピークちゃんの天才です!

English translation:

Your pictures and statue rock! You are a genius!
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

I swear I've seen horns or tusks just like that from some animal, but I can't remember what. Did you model them of anything?
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Your work is amazing as always, milady. I WILL get around to reading this fic someday. I just have a horrendous backlog of fiction I've promised people I'd read.

Doesn't stop me from oggling your Azzarns though. :D
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Creepy! The eyes follow you! :shock:

(At least that's the impression I got on taking a second look. It seems to have gone away now, but still. Brrr.)
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Wyrm wrote:Creepy! The eyes follow you! :shock:

(At least that's the impression I got on taking a second look. It seems to have gone away now, but still. Brrr.)
She's looking a bit to her right. So ignore the top picture, and look back and forth between the bottom two. The eyes do follow you.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:wink:
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I like the spikiness on the fingernails and feet, they really give the impression that it would fucking hurt to get mauled by them. :D

I think though, that that scythe looks unbalanced and breakable, I would have drawn it chunkier with a bigger counterweight at the head.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I really like the second sketch. "Good" or not, I can easily see him passing down judgement on someone, and doing it with just a little too much... feeling. :wink:
The Rift
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

If by feeling you mean splatting someone's head, then yes, I know what you mean.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

If anyone's wondering w
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:37pm, edited 1 time in total.