Artists - recruiting for my first book.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Artists - recruiting for my first book.

Post by weemadando »

I am in need of artists to create both cover art and some interior works for my first RPG, which will be a modern military combat system.

Given my current operating budget (0) I will be unable to provide you with any monetary reward, but, I would be happy to provide references for artists whose work makes it to the release, as well as crediting all artists within the publication.

And, hopefully, once I do start getting some actual production values, paying art contracts would be on the cards.

Are there any artists here who would be interested, or people who know artists who may be interested.

I'd be wanting to create a single visual style for the book, be it 3d renders, ink work, pencil sketches or another style, so depending on the responses I get, that may well govern the direction I take.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Is it general combat or are specific factions and tech involved? Scifi edge or rooted in the modern world?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Strictly present day. Probably going to feature conflicts from the Falklands onwards...

Though there will be "heroic" system options, its main focus is still realism.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

I could try and help out. I do mostly pen and ink work, which is easy to scan and email. I'm not good with formating on the computer, and I haven't got the coloring down in photoshop 8 so it would be just black and white. LoL! Other then that, let me know what it is and I'll see what I can whip up.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Sure. It'd help immensely if you had reference photos from what you want shown, though.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Well, at the moment, I'm looking for potentially interested parties, in the next week or so, there will be "I need this, this, this and that." requests being posted. I'm also awaiting feedback from US, UK and Aus defense depts regarding use of their "news media" images, which would make my life a helluva lot easier.