bad lyrical geography

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

bad lyrical geography

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Sweet Home Chicago- Robert Johnson: Baby don't you want to go, to that land out in California my sweet home Chicago (last time I checked Chicago is in Illinois not Californication, but then again Johnson never left the area around Mississpii, Texas, and Louisiana....)

Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash: Well I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. (the guy is in Folsom prison in California for a murder committed in Reno NEVADA :shock: )

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

I believe Folsom is a Federal penn Bear, maybe it was a Federal crime.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
The Yosemite Bear

nope a california state prison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folsom_Prison

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

You still have to admit that Folsom Prison Blues is a kickass song, though.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
The Yosemite Bear

damn straight.

besides how many california towns/cities would have fit the flow of the song. I mean the nearest I can think of is "I shot a man in Colma" which wouldn't get much of a reaction since "Colma" is a town made up for the service of mamorial parks (cemetaries)