It doesn't mean anything

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

It doesn't mean anything

Post by Tsyroc »

Still, it's a pretty cool picture.

The picture was sent to me via email and this is the non-religous portion
of the message that was included.
This picture was taken in Yuma, AZ on 9-11-2002. The flag was located at Fry's shopping center on the corner of 24th and 4th Avenue. Seller's cranes were holding it up and people were stopping all day to take pictures. The
photographer didn't even realize at the time this was taken, what would show
up in the picture
Mike_6002
Village Idiot
Location: Modifed ISD II Tyrant II buried underneth Hamilton, Ontario

Post by Mike_6002 »

Jesus H. Christ

<Condition One Anti-Fundie Alert>
Member of The Cleaners (Scout, Sniper, Silent Assassain) <Origins of The Cleaners Pending>

"We are the Cleaners! Prepare to Die!" -The Cleaners Offical Motto

"Take what you can get in life" -Me

I'm fuckin insane wh00t wh00t and darn proud

#1 Fan of LT. Hit-Man

Member of Task Force Lennox

Remember to hug a moderator at least once a day
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

:lol:

Just be glad I edited out the religious crap about blah blah blah you can take God out of the government...blah blah

There wouldn't be enough :roll::roll::roll::roll: to cover it all.

As it is I figure this photo will still bother a lot of people. :|
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Actually, the 'religious' part didn't occur to me until after I read the paragraph. *shrug*
JADAFETWA
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The pictures been edited, And not exactly great either, Zoom in decetec the same colors no matter whats behind it(IE the Stars are half erased if that was truely a picture of the sun behind the flag and blind luck then the light would have been a slightly diffrent color through the Stars, Instead its the same Color)

To those that can't keep up with my brillant Logic

When you shine a light through a Blue Object and a Black Object do you get the EXACT same shade of color on the other side?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
nechronius
Youngling

Post by nechronius »

Indeed, the picture has been doctored to some degree.

Another thing to note. Given that the flag is made from a partly transparent material, the slight cross formation of the light is not unfeasible. Why? The fabric is likely made from cross threaded fibers. A lot of large scale fabrics are made in this fashion. Also due to its partly transparent nature, light is carried by the fibers in the direction of the threading, in this case most likely horizontally and vertically. A great way to see an example of this is to shine a laser light at frosted glassware of any kind. Every area of frosted glass will light up with the color of the laser.

So assuming that the photo was taken and doctored by the same person (he/she/it may call it "enhanced" what they saw) then likely as they were walking past they saw a weak cross-like pattern, positioned themselves at just the appropriate spot, snapped the picture, developed, and then did a slight "doctoring" to enhance what they thought they saw.
Kicking dumb asses since 1974
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The picture however has been modifed, I can identify large sections where the clone brush has been used(Pixials are much to regular, Look at one section and you get a nice random pattern look at the sections near the cross VS down on the edges and you get a dectable repeating pattern)

NTM like I said the Edited Stars

This one has been abit more largly modifed then I orgional thought but not increably so

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton