Official Secrets (Movie).

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Official Secrets (Movie).

Post by The Romulan Republic »

So, this came out earlier this year, but I just saw it.

While a few things seem a little cliche, overall its a pretty solid and well-made movie that tells a very important story that's fallen under the radar over the years, and on the whole does it very directly and without whitewashing anyone. For those who don't know, its the story of British Intelligence whistleblower Katherine Gun (played by Keira Knightly), who in the run-up to the Iraq War leaked evidence that the US and British government were ordering British intelligence to spy on UN Security Council members to get blackmail material to ensure the UN would vote to approve the War in Iraq (it didn't, of course). There's a subplot relating to the immigration issue, as well, and its a pretty good look at how a principled whistleblower should conduct themselves.

Doctor Who fans will also no doubt appreciate Matt Smith in the role of reporter Martin Bright.

Definitely recommend this film, if you haven't seen it.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.