Lemmy of Motörhead Dead at 70

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jub
Sith Marauder

Lemmy of Motörhead Dead at 70

Post by Jub »

The news has been confirmed by the band.
There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.

We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.

We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
Have a drink or few.

Share stories.

Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.

HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.

Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
1945 -2015
Born to lose, lived to win.
Today we've lost one of the figureheads of metal. By all accounts he was as good a man as he was a musician and his loss will surely be felt.

May he rock in peace.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: Lemmy of Motörhead Dead at 70

Post by Enigma »

He only learned that he had cancer only a couple of days ago?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The Mayor of Drinkin' Island is Lemmy, and in the parade he rides a chopper made of bones.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Lemmy was one of those guys where you're think "how the fuck is he still alive?", then after a while you just accept that he's going to be around forever. Last few years have been rough on him and well, I guess it was time.

Also, this.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Bad news. I had the pleasure of seeing him live once. Although I am not a metal fan, his music was still enjoyable to me.

Also moved to Music.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Faster, louder, and more metal!

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Sgt_Artyom
Youngling

Post by Sgt_Artyom »

Motorhead isn't a metal band. Lemmy always said it was a rock band and so it always has been.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 42747.html
"We were not heavy metal," he snaps. "We were a rock'n'roll band. Still are. Everyone always describes us as heavy metal even when I tell them otherwise. Why won't people listen?"
(This is about half way through the article).
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I'm something of a metalhead, and they always been just a touch too hard for me to call them rock just by listening to them. At the same time, I can hear where he's coming from, the riffs and the sound are rock taken up to 11.