Xcom art

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Xcom art

Post by Korgeta »

I've been doing a lot of art these days as it helps calm the mind, my current theme right now is Xcom though been designing on 'epilogues' based on Enemy Unknown (2012) official ending (you lose!)

I have some more in work but it's all a build up to its sequel next year that am looking forward to.
Here's the work so far..

Starglider
Miles Dyson

Re: Xcom art

Post by Starglider »

It is very much in the style of the artwork from the original X-Com game, albeit not so pixelated.
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

A lot of the art I try to keep as close to as the style as possible, the only exception being Elsa vs maleficent picture I set up only because its a clash between 2D and 3D art.

http://thebritwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/

I also got permission from another artist to use his characters for the epilogue art, being these characters here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/XCOM-The- ... -323601256

So there's more to come!
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

Well am back for my usual standard cameo role, been busy on this one, more complex piece:

Sketch preview:

And finally the fin version:

Full size version for you to save etc is on my DA account.
http://thebritwriter.deviantart.com/art ... -573077940

For the record these are not spoilers I know zero about most of the chaacters save shen, but the rest is speculation from my crazed mind.

The most difficult about the picture was that the glass and the machine light effects make the colours on vahlen seem wrong, it wasn't as straight forwards as I thought it would be.

I was going to go straight to shen but I make one more of this to round it up.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Why does the Chryssalid in the first one have webbed hands?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

I made a mistake that i didn't notice till much later, that's the reason, chryssalids do have webbed hands but only upto about the middle phalanx of their fingers (first joint of the finger) and then talons extend out. However I went past that area by mistake and only noticed it after when I got to the colouring.

Plus I was more bothered about the hind legs of the dog upto that stage (and still didn't come out right) If I had someone with fresh eyes proof check this, it would had been spotted eariler but as it is I generally work by myself on this.

Nonetheless, it wasn't a biggie to me so I just carried on.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

The legs look fine.

Did anyone ever come up with a credible explanation for what the blue speaker-arms in the interrogations were?

I'm assuming the idea here is that Dr. Vahlen was mind-controlled and is being held.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

To be honest I never really found much indepth information about the 'blue speaker-arms' my guess is that their very indepth scans that copy the brainwaves and somehow translate them into visual depictions as vahlen did with the first subject. i suspect though the end result is that the mind gets fried or turned into mush. Though I had to wonder if it was used on the lone exalt survivor but there is no detail on that. for all I know the guy realised that Xcom has a bar and a vending machine and gladly gave all he knew from there!

Maybe the best would be to go onto reddit, or that i will be doing more of as they have a solid xcom fan forum

I did have some ideas for this, when it was confirmed that vahlen was 'missing' there were several theories:

Captured
Traitor and now the albert wesker of Xcom
Or established her own faction/gone rouge.

I went with the captured idea because there was just more story you can make out of it, I coudn't see her as a traitor, she could be but it would contradict the elements that show she does care about other people, let alone bradford Ok the idea to begin with. Also i like to show characters in situations where more emtion could be displayed. If she is a traitor then wesker shades will be the first thing i will be drawing on her!

So with the vahlen material 'breaking the mind' was her being challenged on what she claim to know was right and make her question her own idenity, while not under 'mind control' per say she was in the process of having her memories and facts altered as she thought about them. Losing her idenity and her sanity but being aware and yet powerless making her a pushover for the next piece 'showtrial'.

In showtrial, otside factors have consipered against her, the mob swayed by biased evidence, who demand a 'shocked and reluctant' spokesman to enforce the public's prefered sentence on vahlen. Then you have the 'actors' on the left who will interrupt the crowd and proclaim a speech about making Advent be our means to hurt others as they have helped us with humanity etc. The spokesman is moved by this and the sentence is put off, noting the girl as a model example of hope and Advent's future etc...which brings to the final piece I'm now working on.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Xcom-Lega ... -574760576

Its a sketch anbd be a 2-3 page, with no dialouge. I would include it on photobucket but am having login issues, but anyway I wasn't going to include this but I thought I might as well wrap it up as the last two pieces have been quite popular, and even a story has developed on it, and then move onto other xcom characters.
Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

Ok got the photobucket login sorted.

Korgeta
Padawan Learner

Post by Korgeta »

here's the completed draft, the proper title is 'Xcom 2, Legacy' when done It's a round up of previous material and also one of the ideas for a webcomic project as i go round searching for people here and there who can give me a hand.

sara isn't the real name of the solider that appered in the xcom2 opening vid, and the craft is in fact the new skyranger (thunderbirds 2 couldn't turn up)

Vahlen's hair is down for a change, different but i wasn't going to draw her with a tied up pony tail for her social side.