'Perspective' Write-Ups

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

'Perspective' Write-Ups

Post by Kanastrous »

A couple of my projects from last year, 'Salem' and 'The Last Ship' received nice write-ups in 'Perspective,' the journal of the Art Directors' Guild.

Anyone interested in the process by which we get crap done might enjoy the articles.

http://www.adg.org/?art=perspective_mag ... ign=buffer
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Re: 'Perspective' Write-Ups

Post by Kanastrous »

The icing on the cake was when another Navy officer, a visitor who served once on a destroyer, came to have a look. When she entered the CIC, she walked around and started caressing every console, touching nearly every button and asked: "How come the Navy gave you all this expensive equipment? We wait for months to have anything updated or changed and here you have all this shiny and new." She sat at one of the consoles of the Aegis Combat System, the advanced command and weapons control system (WCS) that uses powerful computers and radars to track and guide weapons to destroy enemy targets. After a few commands, when the screen did not show her the right coordinates, she said: "You fooled me. You built all that? How did you do it? IT IS SO REAL."

Hee
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: 'Perspective' Write-Ups

Post by Tsyroc »

Kanastrous wrote:The icing on the cake was when another Navy officer, a visitor who served once on a destroyer, came to have a look. When she entered the CIC, she walked around and started caressing every console, touching nearly every button and asked: "How come the Navy gave you all this expensive equipment? We wait for months to have anything updated or changed and here you have all this shiny and new." She sat at one of the consoles of the Aegis Combat System, the advanced command and weapons control system (WCS) that uses powerful computers and radars to track and guide weapons to destroy enemy targets. After a few commands, when the screen did not show her the right coordinates, she said: "You fooled me. You built all that? How did you do it? IT IS SO REAL."

Hee
That's awesome. :D

Congratulations.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.