Russian Navy Kirov-Class Photographs?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Russian Navy Kirov-Class Photographs?

Post by Kanastrous »

Hey All -

So I know that a lot of regulars here dig on the military hardware, and the photographing of it. Does anyone have images of a Kirov-class battlecruiser that they would be willing to share? Trying to gather as much as I can on fittings, weapons, sensors, interior spaces, etc - basically anything above and beyond the usual "taken from a few hundred meters away from an aircraft" pictures that one usually runs across.

Or if anyone knows of some good photography-dense books a la the sort that Squadron does, for aircraft, that they could recommend that would be great too.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks!
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
tim31
Sith Devotee

Re: Russian Navy Kirov-Class Photographs?

Post by tim31 »

Ohhh! Battleship 2: Sink This ?
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

No, I'm doing something else.

And I think the working title for the project you reference, is Battleship II: You Sank My Franchise!
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Ohhh, ker-snap!

I'm very sorry to say I can't help you with this. Sea Skimmer and Phong are probably your best bets around here; hit them up directly.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Thanks for the suggestion, tim, will do.
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Pictures I have seen relatively recently are that they are in pretty rough shape
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Kitsune wrote:Pictures I have seen relatively recently are that they are in pretty rough shape
Good. Now share these pictures with Kanastrous.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Thanks Kitsune!
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Might want to go through this thread too
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... 5a8db64504
Thomas Paine