Awesome "Real" Mech

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Awesome "Real" Mech

Post by Havok »

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Awesome "Real" Mech

Post by madd0ct0r »

model making taken to extremes.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Looks neat. From a practical standpoint though, doesn't look like it has enough armor. I'm seeing some vulnerable stuff down near the legs that could send the whole thing crashing down if it gets hit even with light machine gun fire.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Yeah, and no flash suppressor. Tsktsktsk...
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Borgholio wrote:Looks neat. From a practical standpoint though, doesn't look like it has enough armor. I'm seeing some vulnerable stuff down near the legs that could send the whole thing crashing down if it gets hit even with light machine gun fire.
given that it looks like you're supposed to sit on top of it I don't think how much armor the legs have would matter.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hmmm, yeah I guess you are supposed to sit on top. I thought maybe you had a little bit of a cockpit, but yeah, it doesn't look like it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

it kinda looks like that boxy thing on the upper back could be a cockpit, but it doesn't look like it has any internal volume. plus i see some pedals and levers in front just behind what looks like a metal tractor seat facing the wrong way.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm really impressed by the balance, given that it looks kind of top heavy. The legs must be deceptively heavy!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.