Goddam architects

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Goddam architects

Post by madd0ct0r »

is this the ugliest building I've seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=yiVIi_nZ0Ts
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
phred
Jedi Knight

Re: Goddam architects

Post by phred »

We've had two or more threads come up in the last year or so about Frank Gehry buildings, and you're complaining about this? It's not the purdiest structure I have ever laid eyes upon, but its nowhere near the ugliest either
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Ugh. The braces make it look like the building's still under construction. Still no Penn Station.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I saw those beams and thought of the struts in KSP and how rickety and wobbly they are.

It doesn't add to the image of the structure and in a sense makes it appear less structurally sound. Hell the joints look tacked on.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

phred wrote:We've had two or more threads come up in the last year or so about Frank Gehry buildings, and you're complaining about this? It's not the purdiest structure I have ever laid eyes upon, but its nowhere near the ugliest either
Gehry's builds are art, sometimes bad art. this one is just disjointed and a bit crap.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Alerik the Fortunate
Jedi Knight

Post by Alerik the Fortunate »

The "expose every joint and don't try too hard to fit the braces into some sort of smooth monolithic architectural finish" functionalist aesthetic isn't for everyone or everywhere. This isn't even that bad of an example of it, either in isolation or context, though it doesn't compare to Renzo Piano's New York Times headquarters building for elegance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolYu3LP4Ec
Every day is victory.
No victory is forever.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I like it. Looks like a super villains apartment building.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw