Peter Connolly's memorial event

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Peter Connolly's memorial event

Post by ray245 »

I've attended a little memorial event for Peter Connolly, with his friends, family and colleges telling us about his passion for the ancient world and how he set about recreating it for the modern world.

One of the best thing about the little event was the fact his family brought the actual artwork by the man himself. It's one thing to see them in books and computers, it is another thing altogether to see all of the paintings itself. There are a few unpublished works by him, as well as a novel manuscript about the 2nd Punic wars.

Here's some of the works by him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97270496@N ... 996474676/
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Peter Connolly's memorial event

Post by Big Orange »

Oh dear, I didn't know he died recently.

I hope he's now having a nice time with that other popular Late Antiquity/Medieval illustrator Angus McBride...
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor