Fan made DS9 20th Anniversary Trailer

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Fan made DS9 20th Anniversary Trailer

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Thought I'd cross post this from SB because it makes me want a damn Blue Ray release of DS9 already ...

http://vimeo.com/59273204#
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Fan made DS9 20th Anniversary Trailer

Post by Alyeska »

Paramount would charge Highway Robbery prices for that Blu-Ray just like they've done with every TV release they do.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Whelp, time for a Netflix marathon.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
fordlltwm
Padawan Learner

Post by fordlltwm »

That was bloody brilliant, one of the best trailers I've seen for quite some time, really tempted to rewatch DS9 again at some point.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

fordlltwm wrote:That was bloody brilliant, one of the best trailers I've seen for quite some time, really tempted to rewatch DS9 again at some point.
Totally worth it. I just wrapped up a DS9 marathon over the last year and it was incredible seeing those stories again. Catching the ones I missed. The new details. The greater understanding.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gul Fucking Dukat. :D
I put him up against any villain there is. Man, he is awesome.

That was a really good trailer. It made the spiritual stuff, which for me drug the most, seem interesting and didn't even touch all the goodness you get from Bashir, Quark, Weyon and Garek.

Shit, I may watch it again now too and I just did last year.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I enjoy re-watching DS9 after watching that Captains documentary and realizing that Avery Brooks is fucking crazy. Not "cool" crazy, but "hobo" crazy. Makes every offbeat scene with him waaaay more enjoyable. Like in the Mirror Universe episode where his character pulls out a friggen Luger pistol, I assume that's simply an outtake of him actually pulling a gun on the dude who played Bashir or some shit, and they left it in because it was awesome.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Very heavy on thrings from the pilot when there was so much show to choose from. Still, it works.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Ahriman238 wrote:Very heavy on thrings from the pilot when there was so much show to choose from. Still, it works.
Personally I think it could have used the line from Gowron in season 5 right at the end;

"Think of it. Five years ago no one had ever heard of Bajor or Deep Space 9. Now all our hopes rest here. Where the tides of fortune take us, no man can know".