ATTN: Toy Soldiers People

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

ATTN: Toy Soldiers People

Post by Vendetta »

With the official launch of Foundry Miniatures' game God of Battles, I'm looking at building a fantasy army. However, I'm looking at a Beastman army, and most of the beastman miniatures I've been able to find have been somewhat bland. They're all a bit fond of standing around and the models aren't terribly dynamic.

This is, of course, GW's fault, because the beastmen aren't one of the favoured armies they don't get a lot of attention and therefore don't get the pick of the sculptor's attentions.

However, God of Battles is not picky about the models you use to play it with, I'll probably use some of Foundry's models, but I'd like to have a few that will be a bit more attractive on the tabletop (at least until I've ruined them with my cackhanded painting).

They don't need to all be classic goat people (I've got some Devourers of Vile-tis from Confrontation that are giant wolf people which might get used for elites or leaders or something), but a general foresty theme would be nice.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: ATTN: Toy Soldiers People

Post by madd0ct0r »

get a dremel and go wild?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I don't know if you follow Reaper, but they have a few odds and ends which might suit your needs. Take a look at some of the Dragonman and Gnoll warriors.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

Crocodile Games have a selection of Egyptian-themed animal-headed people for Wargods of Aegytpus; choose from goat, falcon, ibis, vulture, jackal or cat-headed people. There's also their big hairy Wendigo from their Wargods of Hyperborea line, and some satyrs for Wargods of Olympus.

There's also this rather out-of-date showcase of beastmen/broo types from Frothers Unite UK.

Privateer Press probably have something useful in the Circle Orboros line, but they won't be cheap.

Finally, what about Skaven? After all, those are basically just rat-headed beastmen, aren't they? :)
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"