Model Railroad Thread Pics welcome 56k not accepted here

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Model Railroad Thread Pics welcome 56k not accepted here

Post by darthkommandant »

This thread is for all those who have, want to have, are interested in having, or are just plain curious about model railroads.
As a collector of Marklin, MTH, LGB, and other model trains i would like to start by showing off my Marklin engines and my rolling stock.
I also have layout planning software so I can make layouts on my computer before I build them on my carpet ( i do not have any room available for a full layout).
First up is a marklin BR 85 steam locomotive in Deutsche Bundesbahn livery. This model is fully equipped with sound, MFX(marklins version of digital command control ie controlling multiple trains from one controller), and is ready for the instillation of a smoke generator which I did install. (it was easy to install just push down the smokestack after lining the contacts up.) The weathering was applied by me with some pointers given by the guys at the Marklin users.net forum.
This is a picture of my small freight yard with a switch engine fully digital (without sounds pulls almost as much as thew br85 though) and my freight cars most of them are heavily weathered which is something I do when I have free time and spare paint.
Finally this is my latest purchase a special set celebrating 650 years of Sonneberg. If anyone has more information on what that is I would be glad to know as it came in a marklin box with a booklet in german about it. (and I think I got it at a good price)
Tiger II fanboy