GUNS GUNS GERNS

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: GUNS GUNS GERNS

Post by Lonestar »

LaCroix wrote:Be sure to check it thoroughly before shooting it. When someone cannot be bothered to clean it for sale, who knows how bad he neglected it while he used it.
(Sure you know this, but this stuff is better be said once too often than not enough. :) )

Like Fenix said, stainless frames are awful for that. But I gave it a once over before I bought it, nothing jumped out at me. So far, everything appears to be working as it should, won't know until I actually, you know, shoot it.

What's interesting is that someone either replaced the slide with a -04 one, or blued it for some reason. Would like to know why.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Lonestar wrote:What's interesting is that someone either replaced the slide with a -04 one, or blued it for some reason. Would like to know why.
That grip doesn't look factory either. I haven't seen a rear-sight like that on a factory gun, outside something like Kimbers, which are like dragsters anyways. Could be they wanted the sight and just found the barrel for cheap? I also could be full of shit as I have zero experience with .45ACP outside of 1911s.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Well, like I said a few posts up, the sights are night sights, and the grip is a crimson trace job.

Also, it's actually a 5906, so 9mm :P
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Derp, well.... we can always go back to:
TheFeniX wrote:I also could be full of shit
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I got an NPAP

Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Lonestar wrote:I got an NPAP
I just picked up a Saiga.

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Because it would just be completely useless without the scope?

Also maybe we brought this up before, but anyone else Following the Forgotten Weapons site and youtube channel? That guy is starting to get some awesome stuff to take apart.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Because it would just be completely useless without the scope?

Also maybe we brought this up before, but anyone else Following the Forgotten Weapons site and youtube channel? That guy is starting to get some awesome stuff to take apart.
I've been watching his videos on and off for a while. I first stumbled across his look at the reproduction FG-42. Damn I want one of those.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLg3n9_ruM

Everyone should looove the Gewehr 41(M). It is the most German gun ever.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I love it when he has some strange pre- or early CV contraptions. Especially that turret carbine was cool, even though they are deathtraps.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Because it would just be completely useless without the scope?.
It was a spare scope that was sitting around gathering dust.

Replaced the stock plastic furniture with some laminate wood. I could have gone the conversion route and moved the trigger forward and then put on any normal AK furniture, but I really had no interest in drilling and grinding out rivets.

biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

That's a beautiful wood stock. I'm assuming it's stained/lacquered? Did you have to do any adjustments to it? I have a simple Marlin 795 and was considering getting one of the real wood stocks from Boyd's, but don't have much first-hand experience doing a modification like that...
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

You should be able to just drop it in.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

The furniture is from Saigastock.com. It was a simple drop in, three screws mount the stock, once screw for the fore grip. It took a little finesse to get the fore grip though. The insert the screw went into kept coming loose and spinning on me. Nothing a little duct tape couldn't solve.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Anyway, I replaced the upper on my M&P-15. It wasn't a Sport, but I got it in 2012 and it had a 1/9 twist rate. After deciding to switch to midlength gas system and 1/7, I ended up just getting a new upper from a local place. I made sure it had a Silencerco ASR flashhider on it, since I have a Omega in jail. I moved my Eotech and Streamlight over, will likely replace the BIUS with something better than what they threw on there, my old one had a MOE handguard and a FSP on the gas block.

The kicker is, I was planning on using the old upper and pairing it with a TNarms lower as a beater/something I can leave at my Mom's house further out from DC. I had ordered it completed, the trigger was completely stuck, sent it back, it was movable now, and just today tried to seat and upper to it to find out that the forward restraining pin will not return, and of course the fucking trigger is back to where it was originally.

I have an Anderson lower I was going to turn into a .300blkout Pistol/SBR, so I guess I'll grab another lower and build another one myself. I'm pretty perturbed at the moment.

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

So, I got a new gadget...

And what's in the holster?

Why, it's my S&W M&P Shield with a Streamlight TLR6! Love this little thing, 100 lumen light, with a laser. Not as bright as my TLR-1 on my full size, but I mean, it's so tiny. And 100 lumen is more than bright enough for a conceal carry.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Sacremento CLEO issues permits?
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

hahaha, we had this same discussion a few pages ago. Course, that was years ago.

Sac County Sheriff does issues CCW permits, though they're super backlogged at the moment. But I love in Placer County, which is about as Republican leaning as you get in California. The Sheriff just retired after 20 years as the Sheriff and many more decades of law enforcement with the county. His successor has the same attitude towards CCWs, which is 'Are you a scumbag? no? Here's your permit.'
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

So I went out and picked up a DPMS Oracle, a pretty standard AR rifle.

However, I said to myself, that this evil black rifle just isn't evil enough. Luckily HERA Arms out of Triefenstein, Germany make some very slick looking stocks and fore grips that are easily attached.

I replaced the foregrip with a quadrail, and then attached the HERA CQB foregrip, replaced the collapsible stock with HERA's CQB, then added a red-dot and the result:

A little more evil black rifle looking. I'm still debating whether or not to add in Magpul 60 round drum to round out the appearace. In the mean time, I will enjoy my new range queen at the range 8)
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

I can now check off one of my 'guns to own at some point in my life' boxes

fresh from it's first breakdown and oil wipe

PSA has a fairly bad rap as far as i've found looking around online, but seem to have done better in the last year or so.

This is their Gen 2 PA-10 which i picked up for $700ish, and aside from some teething issues (i've never fired anything with a rear charging handle, is awkward) causing some jams it's fired fine. one of their stores+range is just a 10min drive away, so that's nice.

I need to find a sight for it, so currently aiming is a horizontal affair with vertical guesswork.

now that I've got an AR-10 i just need a 1911, a model 29 S&W, an AR-15, and a lever-action in .45-70
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Their bad rap comes from the massive credit card fraud more than anything.

I have one of their Gen1 AR-10s. It isn't bad for a $700 AR-10. It hates my surpressor though, while my AR-15 has zero problems with it.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Man. All these rifles. :razz: Well, this isn't much to look at, but it's mine.

Mossberg model 190, bolt action 16 gauge of all things. It's weird, but it's mine and it's a lot of fun to blow up watermelons with. The buck knife was my grandfather's.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

That is an oddball weapon.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-02-26 10:15am That is an oddball weapon.
And damn hard to find ammo for. I can get it at Rural King, but what loads they'll have in stock is a bit of a crapshoot and you can't get target rounds for love or money, because the gauge isn't legal in skeet.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

So.... since I have actually decided I will obtain a gun, is there where I post the picture once I get it?

(Looking at a Charter Arms .38 revolver. Waiting for a friend much more knowledgeable about guns to go with me to buy it so he can look it over and make sure I'm getting one in good condition.)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice