White Mountains National Forest (56k die)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

White Mountains National Forest (56k die)

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Mt. Adams and Mt. Jefferson from the top of Mt. Washington

Avery excited soon to be 6 year old waiting for a ride back down the mountain

Kancamagus Mountain Pass in the White Mountain National Forest with my wife Melissa and some super happy boys who just spent several hours in car seats

Loon Mountain Gondola

Hiking through Flume Gorge at Franconia Notch State Park

Pemewegasset River in the White Mtn National Forest. Great Spot for a swim.

Old Timey steam locomotive working it's way up the mountain. No way in hell was i riding a 70 year old steam engine 6000 feet up a 37% grade track. We took a nice modern bio-diesel, thank you very much.

Lost River Gorge and me with a case of 'old man knees' trying to wiggle my fat ass up and out of a cave.

Kings of the 'mountain'!

I have better pics on my actual camera, but these were very fun. All in all New Hampshire has some great hiking, nice clean rivers to swim and great caves to explore. Also some great local beers. Tuckerman's is delicious. When the boys are older i'm looking forward to hiking the Tuckerman's Ravine Trail up Mt. Washington, but that's an all day affair and they are just too little, and i've gotten too soft.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: White Mountains National Forest (56k die)

Post by LadyTevar »

Old Timey steam locomotive working it's way up the mountain. No way in hell was i riding a 70 year old steam engine 6000 feet up a 37% grade track. We took a nice modern bio-diesel, thank you very much.
Bah, you missed the fun. Cinders in your hair, the smell of burning coal, and the fun of reversing up parts of the mountain because there was no room for curves.
Oh, wait, that was Cass Scenic Railroad in WV
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Fun Fact, WMNF would be the most visited National Park in the country, if it were a national park.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Lonestar wrote:Fun Fact, WMNF would be the most visited National Park in the country, if it were a national park.
I can see why. It's beautiful.

An Tev, we do the steam engine rides quite often. There is a nice one in CT that runs through Mystic, and another in Conway NH that we've ridden. They are super fun, just didn't trust one riding up a mountain. The one in WV looks neat, may need to check that out next summer.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy