Pony Image Thread #2

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Pony Image Thread #2

Post by LadyTevar »

New Thread, MORE PONIES!!!

Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: Pony Image Thread #2

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*plays Beastie Stallions* (Fight for the right to derp; No Sleep Till Hoofland; etc)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The best way to start a new thread is to have Luna. So here we go.

"There's Still Much Gaming to Do!" by John Joseco

"luna chilling on a cloud" by egophiliac

"three princesses" by egophiliac

Oh, and I sent this in a PM but I wanted to gloat in public, too:
Shadow6 wrote:Also, no more signature for the moment. It just doesn't look as good as AJ's. :?
Neener neener neener! :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce wrote:Oh, and I sent this in a PM but I wanted to gloat in public, too:
Shadow6 wrote:Also, no more signature for the moment. It just doesn't look as good as AJ's. :?
'Tis but a temporary setback. Don't tempt me to post shipping in retribution. :lol:

Because I will.

And it'll include Luna.

And AJ. :twisted:

My World - Tridgeon

so many wonders - CosmicUnicorn

Double Dare You - CGIgal

My little sister - JoeMasterPencil

Because I have too much respect for Rogue:
apples and moons - CrappyUnicorn
Last edited by Shadow6 on 2012-08-12 06:43am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shadow6 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Oh, and I sent this in a PM but I wanted to gloat in public, too:
'Tis but a temporary setback. Don't tempt me to post shipping in retribution. :lol:

Because I will.

And it'll include Luna.

And AJ. :twisted:
There's a term for this. It's "justifiable homicide" I believe.

Look, here's a peace offering if you'll make a certain...edit to your prior post:

"Flutterwind" by CrappyCosmicUnicorn

"Fluttershy's Paradise" by John Joseco

On a more serious note, what didn't you like about your banner? The text? If it's that I can hook you up. If it's sprite selection that would be a little more difficult since I'd have to play through the whole game again. Mainly difficult because I have literally no system for Discord other than "use up all my extra lives and pray they're enough"... :(
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Shadow6 wrote: Spoiler
Other ponies wearing AJ's hat always amuses me.
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce wrote:There's a term for this. It's "justifiable homicide" I believe.

Look, here's a peace offering if you'll make a certain...edit to your prior post:

"Flutterwind" by CrappyCosmicUnicorn
This was one of the last images I posted in the previous thread. :lol:

As an aside, the image only had the old artist name because that's what it was when I added it to my database. It's based off the same code as Ponibooru was and my slap dash modifications for automating the "find image on DeviantArt -> tag and store -> upload to Imgur -> convert to BBS code for here" process make it fairly inflexible.
RogueIce wrote:On a more serious note, what didn't you like about your banner? The text? If it's that I can hook you up. If it's sprite selection that would be a little more difficult since I'd have to play through the whole game again. Mainly difficult because I have literally no system for Discord other than "use up all my extra lives and pray they're enough"... :(
Nah, mainly the colour and the hollow text. And the absence of stuff around it to frame it. I'll come up with something more fitting in the next few days.

I just double checked, and AJ has a KO animation.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shadow6 wrote:This was one of the last images I posted in the previous thread. :lol:
I was pretty sure you had, and was in fact about to not post it. Then laziness took over because I didn't feel like searching for another Fluttershy pic.

Plus it's awesome so why not post twice? :D
Shadow6 wrote:As an aside, the image only had the old artist name because that's what it was when I added it to my database. It's based off the same code as Ponibooru was and my slap dash modifications for automating the "find image on DeviantArt -> tag and store -> upload to Imgur -> convert to BBS code for here" process make it fairly inflexible.
I was pretty surprised when I went to the page myself. I was like, "Wait a minute, I clicked on CrappyUnicorn's page, who the fuck is CosmicUnicorn??" And then I saw the bit at the top with "formerly CrappyUnicorn" and I was like, oh.
Shadow6 wrote:Nah, mainly the colour and the hollow text. And the absence of stuff around it to frame it. I'll come up with something more fitting in the next few days.
Ah. Well best of luck to you!

Oh, and speaking of 8-bit ponies, here's a little something for Crazedwraith: 8-bit Scootaloo!

Spoiler
...here's the real one:

Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

That's rather well done and pretty amusing. I'll let it pass.

This time.

Anyway, John Joseco, how is it I keep finding more awesome stuff from your older works?

"Friendship of the Century" by John Joseco

EDIT: We had awesome, now let us have tragic.

"Skywind and Rainbow Dash" by RizCifra

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I like what I've found. So time to do a Shadow6 and make an artist post. First up, for Shadow6:

"Fluttershy Doodle" by RizCifra

And now for me...

"'So darkness I became...'" by RizCifra

Grimdark, I love it. And now for everyone else...

"'Happy Nightmare Night...'" by Rizcifra

Some d'awwwwww for you.

"Wings - Twilight Sparkle" by RizCifra

Twilight as alicorn? Of course! And finally...

"Filly Twilight Sparkle... thing" by RizCifra

Awww...

Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce wrote:This time.
Every time.
Original Character Detected.

Artist post it is. Giantlestia?

Princess Celestia - atryl

Princess Luna - atryl

True Love - atryl

Adventure - atryl

Grove - atryl

Art of the Dress - atryl

Applejack - atryl

Ok, I promise to stop posting. For now.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shadow6 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:This time.
Every time.

Luna banner back, reference defeated!
Shadow6 wrote:Original Character Detected.
Speaking of which...

"holes in her heart" by egophiliac

And...

"echoes of love" by egophiliac

And to conclude, I give you some pony royalty:

"commission - preparing for duty" by egophiliac

"stars in her eyes" by egophiliac

"sunshine in her smile" by egophiliac

Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Shadow6 wrote:Ok, I promise to stop posting. For now.
I'm not very good at this.
RogueIce wrote:Image

Luna banner back, reference defeated!
:lol: Now I just need to make an appropriate Fluttershy (or Luna) banner.
RogueIce wrote:
Shadow6 wrote:Original Character Detected.
Speaking of which...
Yeah, it should have been "Original Character From Out Of Nowhere Interacting With The Mane Six Except For Those From Fanfics I Happen To Like (Such As Fallout: Equestria Which Is Best Fic) Or Artists I Am Prepared To Excuse On Artistic Merits".
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

RogueIce wrote:Oh, and speaking of 8-bit ponies, here's a little something for Crazedwraith: 8-bit Scootaloo!

<------ Scoots is unimpressed. And still doesn't have an episode. With 13 episodes next season I don't hold out hope. :(
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So while conducting a totally unrelated search I stumbled across some awesome wallpapers. Kinda like Megasweet's Rainbow Dash in black though not as minimalist. I'll share my top five but I heartily recommend you visit this gallery and see if you don't leave with a new desktop.

(Although looking at his RD one I seem to remember seeing it somewhere, possibly here, so this may not be a new find...oh well)

"Applejack background" by braukoly

"Twilight sparkle Background" by braukoly

"Celestia wallpaper" by braukoly

"Luna S2 Wallpaper" by braukoly

"Nightmare Moon BG" by braukoly

"Chrysalis wallpaper" by braukoly

PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:*plays Beastie Stallions* (Fight for the right to derp; No Sleep Till Hoofland; etc)

Later on chill out to some Bob Mareley (Could you be Derped, No Filly No Cry, Buffalo Soldier)
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce wrote:(Although looking at his RD one I seem to remember seeing it somewhere, possibly here, so this may not be a new find...oh well)
Yeah, maybe you did. :)
RogueIce wrote:
Shadow6 wrote:Regarding wallpapers, have you tried these?
Nah man, background characters are cool but not really to my taste for wallpapers, so...

*scrolls down*

*finds awesome Nightmare Moon, Luna, AJ, RD and Twilight wallpapers*

Damn you...
I don't know what everyone's musical tastes run to, but some Luna second-best-pony Luna music:

Twilight and Smarty - WillDrawForFood1

First Contact War, Griffons - AssasinMonkey

Discordantly-1 - CosmicUnicorn Revamped version of the old series

Sky-high! - ButtercupSaiyan

Some stuff I never got around to posting:

ponysketch - Disqord - CrappyUnicorn

ponysketch - Celestia - CrappyUnicorn
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shadow6 wrote:Yeah, maybe you did. :)
Look, I'm old and my memory isn't what it should be. And for whatever reason I didn't save anything at the time and I acknowledged I probably saw them before so that counts for something. Plus, they're awesome and deserve a repost. :D

Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

The MLP subreddit has had its 40.000ths subscriber recently.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Old Pic, but still highly amusing
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I rarely care about PMVs, but this caught my attention. Either the music is a mes or the video is just a mashup of semi-random inserts.

However, this I like. The music is fine (indie-ish guitar-singing?) and the pictures/animation are drawn to tell a simple, very MLP-esque story. The two come together almost perfectly.

EDIT: To complete this image:

View on Derpibooru - Original source
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.