Liberty Ship

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Liberty Ship

Post by Kanastrous »

Been playing around with a revamp of a spacecraft design from a project from a few years back, based upon the 'Star Wolf' series of novels. A 'Liberty Ship,' though in the books the Liberty Ships are not more-or-less expendable freighters but more-or-less expendable warships, instead. The design is mostly driven by the general description from the books, and by an early study model from the 90s by Mike Okuda.

Some sketches.

This is very literal digital model built off the original study model, back around 2000. The new one addresses most of what we didn't like, about this one...

I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Liberty Ship

Post by Thanas »

I have never read the books but the sketch looks lovely.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Thanks - the books are pretty entertaining: David based the series on the idea of an interstellar war between humanity and its own remote descendants - colonists who have purpose-bred themselves to be 'more than human' - fought over vast distances with just-barely-adequate technology, so the flavor is very much taken from WWII in the Pacific. Submarine-like hide-and-seek warfare against what appears to be a perfectly vicious and implacable enemy...
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

The First Novel

(Mods, it is all right to link to a commercial site like this?)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

yes.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Action Avenue
Redshirt

Post by Action Avenue »

I like the detail you put into the sketches. Technical drawing, whether it be old school or on a computer, is always something to be admired. It's hard work, in my opinion.
Check out my zombie blog http://freakindeadjed.blogspot.com
View my artwork at my studio store at http://zazzle.com/actionave
Visit my deviant art page at http://actionave.deviantart.com