Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Re: Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Given that Pinkie was one of the instances of Mare Do Well, and the obvious BTAS reference they made in that episode...

Pretty deep, man.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

So I saw the pilot episode of MLP:FiM, and when I saw the subtitles indicating Applejack's accent; I thought of.......

THIS

Also!
Her name is also a NORAD Air Defense Term:

BIG NOISE - APPLE JACK
Attack by enemy aircraft or missiles against the United States, Alaska, Canada, or Greenland is imminent or is taking place.

:luv: :angelic: :luv:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Being a Confederate General aside, the fact Applejack has caused even Shep to find something to enjoy about the show just proves AJ is Bestpony.

:D
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Nice pic, though I'll agree with one of the commentors on dA that there should be Luna on the Good Side. Also, who/what is the monster between NMM and Discord? Can't recall it fromt he show.
Not gonna lie, this is epic.
Deep Luna facing her demons? Yes please.

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

That's from Read it and Weep. You know, the antagonist for Daring Do?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zixinus wrote:That's from Read it and Weep. You know, the antagonist for Daring Do?
Ah, thanks. Sorry, unless it's an episode about Applejack or Luna I may not always pay attention. :razz:
I assume with the uniforms it's a reference to something but I'm not sure what. Is it some silly British thing, judging by the helmets?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up. Yep, don't care about TF2 either.

Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Shadow6 wrote:^ Perhaps FO:E then?

fallout ministry mares - CSImadmax
Spoiler
So, how did each and everyone of them fucked up in the end ?
Here's a non-exhaustive list with only their biggest sin IMHO.

- Twilight Sparkle : Invented the Megaspells that would destroy the world.
- Pinkie Pie : Drugged and tortured countless ponies, and generally turned Equestria into a dystopian police state that would have made George Orwell weep, all of this to "save" it from criminals, traitors & Zebra infiltrators.
- Rainbow Dash : Her misguided sense of Loyalty toward the people of the surface in the direct aftermath of the Apocalypse and the destruction of Cloudsdale made her turn her back on her fellow pegasi, directly leading to the formation of the Great Pegasus Enclave - if only she had stayed up there, then she could really have made a difference in the long term, and the pegasi could could have become a force for good in the Wasteland.... Instead, her egoism and short-sightedness led the pegasi to 200 years of violent isolationism & xenophobia.
- Rarity : At the head of the Ministry of Image, turned lie, deceit and historical revisionism into a whole new artform, ensuring no one could ever find proofs of the numerous Ministries' crimes.
- Applejack : At the head of the Ministry of Wartime Technology, gave to Luna's armies the power to fight the Zebras and Win the War, whatever the cost - even if it meant in the end the destruction of Equestria.
- Fluttershy : Sweet Fluttershy. Kind Fluttershy. Horrifically Misguided Fluttershy. If Twilight invented the Megaspells, Fluttershy is the one who gave them to the Zebras, directly leading to the End of the World.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

Haha what
Fallout Equestria is even more fucking retarded than I'd assumed
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash