Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Re: Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Damn, that comic is kinda sad, but in a good way, y'know.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Most of my favourite artists seem to be less active at the moment, so short post tonight:

Both of these are saturnspace:

Daring Do - alexmakovsky

Vinyl-Sphere w-o glasses - Zackira
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Watch this:

Then this:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Should've posted the full version of the second video:

source
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

While I can appreciate the artistic skill behind this, the whole Celestia/Discord romance thing still bugs me and I am pretty much compelled to voice my dislike of this piece of fanon when I see it. :|
This one, on the other hand, is pretty much awesome in every way. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Spoiler on today's episode Derpy cameo
Spoiler
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

RogueIce wrote:While I can appreciate the artistic skill behind this, the whole Celestia/Discord romance thing still bugs me and I am pretty much compelled to voice my dislike of this piece of fanon when I see it. :|
Yeah, you made that pretty clear the first time around. :D When I ship ponies, it's really only for the sake of enjoying fanart and fiction, not because I get anything intrinsic out of the exercise.

Aerobics - SpeccySY

Pinkie Pie + Cranky Doodle - mysticalpha

I'm Only Cranky if you Speak to Me - johnjoseco

It's about to get magical - Corpsecrow

Case in point:
Blessed the Broken Road - Whitestar1802

Fluttershy + Big Macintosh - mysticalpha
Last edited by Shadow6 on 2012-02-20 07:24am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shadow6 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:While I can appreciate the artistic skill behind this, the whole Celestia/Discord romance thing still bugs me and I am pretty much compelled to voice my dislike of this piece of fanon when I see it. :|
Yeah, you made that pretty clear the first time around. :D
I have embarked on a righteous crusade to expel the Celestia/Discord shipping from the Internets, what can I say?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

That you're a gigantic killjoy? :P Very few 'ships' make sense to me. Don't mean people can't have fun with them if they like.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Crazedwraith wrote:That you're a gigantic killjoy? :P
So I've been told...
Crazedwraith wrote:Very few 'ships' make sense to me. Don't mean people can't have fun with them if they like.
Well, normally I don't care that much about ships, because hey people are silly about that.

I just tend to draw the line at Celestia/Discord. Because the whole hero/villian thing is just nonsensical. Either that or it's people who want to push Trollestia somehow because, well, guess who originally sealed him away with help from her sister? That and probable attempts at making him somehow a sympathetic villian for no real reason. I'm all for sympathetic villian backstories, but only where they fit. Chaos God, well...sorry, but not buying it. He is what he is, and it ain't some harmless misunderstood romantic spurned by the woman he loved.

tl;dr: ponies are srs bzns

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The problem is that we only sort of see both characters in a support role, not in a more direct role.

I still wish there will be an episode centered around the sisters (ie, as in, they are in it for most of it, not just mentioned).

EDIT: Another problem is that we know fairly little about Discord, or how to play his character in love.
Which is a bit sad really, because there is definitely potential regarding the idea of two demi-gods in love.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ship or no ship, the pics are gonna be out there as long as someone thinks it's there.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

LadyTevar wrote:Ship or no ship, the pics are gonna be out there as long as someone thinks it's there.
This is why the SCDSAA needs to pass, and soon. :razz:

Stop Celestia and Discord Shipping Artwork Act, if you don't get it.

Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

And just to assuage RogueIce's earlier dismay, some conflict between Celestia and Discord:
Discord - Felixattchar

Commission- Discord - XxshirushixX

Human Discord and Celestia - Nouveau-Charles (Ok, this one's somewhat ambiguous)
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Picturing Discord as a boss in a fighting game (like "Fighting is Magic") :

1 - keeps changing the rules at the worst moments for you
2 - return the environment against you
3 - use confusion attacks (reversed controls => "up" = "down", "left" = "right" ; changing combos ; etc...)

Exploitable weakness : weakness against a certain type of attack that keep changing randomly during the fight ?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

lordofchange13 wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:And yet Pinkie still has problems making Pumpkin and Pound Cake smile without nearly harming herself. :-D
That is because the 2 baby's are part of the new generation, they only see violence/pain as entertaining.
I am hearby requesting Pony Three Stoogies

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

It's simply more likely that a, they are babies and some of Pinkie's jokes just flies by their heads and b, they are more exposed to Pinkie than most other ponies and thus are more used to some of her antics.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

RogueIce wrote:I just tend to draw the line at Celestia/Discord. Because the whole hero/villian thing is just nonsensical. Either that or it's people who want to push Trollestia somehow because, well, guess who originally sealed him away with help from her sister? That and probable attempts at making him somehow a sympathetic villian for no real reason. I'm all for sympathetic villian backstories, but only where they fit. Chaos God, well...sorry, but not buying it. He is what he is, and it ain't some harmless misunderstood romantic spurned by the woman he loved.
I don't know, I quite like the idea of it. But then I imagine it more as: Celestia falls for Discord, but no he's just toying with her, and ditches her at the worst possible time.

"B-but I thought you loved me-"
"Oh, don't be silly Celestia. How could anyone love you?"

So whenever I see those pictures I imagine that it's just part of Discord's plan to destroy her spirit.
Super-duper bonus, maybe Luna recognised what a scumbag Discord was and tried to warn her sister, but of course this only fuelled arguments...
tl;dr: ponies are srs bzns
Agreed.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Don't know if this counts, but best cos I have thus seen.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!