Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RogueIce
_______

Re: Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

Post by RogueIce »

I have also not read Fallout Equestria. So there.

Also: yay new page! A whole three or so posts until you psychos have posted enough that I have to sit and wait for it to load every time. But I'll enjoy it while I can.

So, any bets on how much fanart the two-parter this Saturday will generate? I know it's already been generating some, but still.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

I'll put my bits on lots of fan art
specifically, art about What was Luna doing during the wedding, because I'm pretty sure she'll be inexplicably absent. Again.

Hard Boiled Woona Comics
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

evilsoup wrote:Haha what
Fallout Equestria is even more fucking retarded than I'd assumed
Don't take what I written at 1st degree - the reality of what happened was far more complex, and it didn't develop in one day.
Spoiler
- Fluttershy, at the head of the Ministry of Peace [hospitals, all things medical in general], wanted for the war to end at all cost. Thousands of ponies and zebras alike were dying each days, fighting a pointless war. She gave the Zebras the Megaspells hoping Mutually Assured Destruction would finally force peace. In the end, it is her kindness and faith in pony- and zebra-kind that led her to her biggest mistake.
- Pinkie Pie, at the head of the Ministry of Morale, started by wanting for everyone to stay happy during Equestria's darkest hours. After some events I've forgotten, she then set her new mission to "stop the bad ponies" who would hurt her friends (everyone is Pinkie's friend) : so the Ministry of Morale became responsible with routing out any and all internal menaces to Equestria. Obsessed with her newfound mission, everything that could further it became fair game. This is when drug addiction became a problem...
- Twilight Sparkle promised to Luna she would find a way, a magical way, to end the war once and for all - a foolproof spell to win. And so at the head of the Ministry of Arcane Studies she worked. And worked. And worked. She quickly became so obsessed with her research that she lost sight of everything else. And she was brilliant ! She created things that in more peaceful times would have revolutionized Equestria beyond recognition. But her legacy would be much more sinister. When the Megaspells fell in the hooves of the Zebras she set herself a new objective : the Alicorn Creation Project. And she succeeded... the day the bombs fell...
- Rarity, the element of Generosity, set to help her friends in their missions in the best way she could. But she was only a fashionista ; what could she do that any of her friends couldn't ? Image. This is what she could do that the other couldn't : Rarity was a masterful wielder of rumors, gossips, lies, half-truths, misdirections and misinformation. With her talents as a propagandist and at the head of the Ministry of Image, she helped Equestria focus its mind toward the war efforts, finding and erasing all sources of dissent - even if it meant rewriting all the books in the land. Rarity only wanted to help, and this is what she did.
- Applejack had always been good at running a business. Unicorn magic was great, but sometime you had to things the Earth Pony Way. At the head of the Ministry of Wartime Technology she had the responsibility of coordinating all of Equestria's industry, and make it work as one toward the war effort. And this is what she did. But if she was the Element of Honesty, those working with her where not : business owners, industrialists, investors... all had been consumed by their greed. When Big Mac died to protect Celestia, of a bullet fired from an Equestrian-made rifle, something broke in her. Now the price of war so much more personal she had to do whatever it would take to end it. And so she created the Steel Rangers. Applejack wanted to help her friends, and as reliable and trustworthy as always she did : her industries helped fuel the war effort. Without her help, the war would have simply been impossible in the first place.
- Rainbow Dash. When came her turn to form a ministry, her immediate reaction was to have it called the "Ministry of Awesome", without even knowing what it would do. But deep down, she felt inadequate : all her friends had talents that they could use to help Equestria. What did she have ? Her only talent was being a good flyer. And who would take seriously a Ministry called "Ministry of Awesome" ? No one. Someone, though, inspired her to play on it : while on the front side the Ministry of Awesome would coordinate what would become Equestria's Air Force, behind the scene the MoA would take the role of being its Secret Service, enterprising numerous clandestine activities, in Equestria and beyond. After all, who would have ever believed Rainbow Dash to be capable of subtetly and discretion ?

But in the end, I will let speak someone else.

But they couldn't. They couldn't let go and abandon their friends : they had to be strong ! For them ! For the Princesses ! For Equestria ! So, they continued. Until it was too late.
Until their good intentions led the world to its end.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

Lol ministry of peace
OK man
that's just fucking stupid lame stuff
I mean
applying fallout stuff to My Little Pony is always going to be fucking stupid, but that's just GAH ye gods why
But lol i'm doing that WH40K/MLP story, I guess I can't really complain about excessive GRIMDARK
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

*shrug* To each its own, I guess. I know I don't do it justice, but even then it's sure that if you haven't read it and just hear some tidbits like these the grimdark can seem a teeny little bit pointless. It's the kind of books you have to take from the start or you're rapidly going to be "wait, WTF is happening ?!".
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I will state simply that EvilSoup and Rabid are getting "Spoilerized". The story only revealed "What Happened" in bits and pieces, one thread at a time, one memory at a time, and only slowly you so see just how far Good Intentions fell.

for myself, I found it a fantastic read that sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading until it was done. It is above all a FALLOUT story, of the (Vault/Stable)Dweller, and how she starts out trying to save her friend and winds up saving everyone. It is epic, beautifully written with characters you feel for, and it just happens to be set in Equestria.

Not reading it is your choice, but you're really missing out.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

evilsoup wrote:Haha what
Fallout Equestria is even more fucking retarded than I'd assumed
evilsoup wrote:applying fallout stuff to My Little Pony is always going to be fucking stupid, but that's just GAH ye gods why
But lol i'm doing that WH40K/MLP story, I guess I can't really complain about excessive GRIMDARK
It isn't WH40K style GRIMDARK at all. It can be very brutal and violent, but it isn't merely for the sake of it and to compare it to your own story in that manner is misinterpreting what the author was trying to achieve.

It is the best fanfic I've read in any fandom, a much better story than either FO:3 or FO:NV (I've yet to play the earlier incarnations) and easily up there with some of my favourite novels.

Anyway...

YAY - Paradise-Wonder

Diamonds and Roses - Paradise-Wonder

Twilight Stargazer - Paradise-Wonder

Long Road Home - Paradise-Wonder

You aren't going ANYWHERE - Paradise-Wonder

Somewhere over Equestria - Paradise-Wonder
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Is it only me and the fact French is my native language (allowing me to perceive more nuances in here expression which in turn get me more annoyed), or does Trixie seems even more insufferably arrogant in the French Dub than in the English Dub ?

If it is the case, well, fuck, I would understand the stereotype English-speaking people seems to have about the French and their arrogance...
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I didn't get that impression and my native language is Hungarian (mostly).

Though, it IS strange. It seems some of the voice actors do try and it is interesting to see how different cultures interpret the same characters.

EDIT: Oh, and I wish dubbers would translate the names. Because it's just cringe-worthy to listen to "ponyville" and "pony" when the language spoken isn't English. It's just goes against the flow of the language.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Zixinus wrote:EDIT: Oh, and I wish dubbers would translate the names. Because it's just cringe-worthy to listen to "ponyville" and "pony" when the language spoken isn't English. It's just goes against the flow of the language.
Yeah, that's also my thought. But I think it's tied to trademarks motivations more than anything else...

And am I the only one to find that the Arabian dub sounded much more masculine than the others ?
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

[Removed so it could be in the 1001st post]

Shattered Glint - BambooDog

Trixie - Miradge

Octavia - Octavia - Alex4nder02

I'm not sure if I'm more amused or horrified:
Ship.png - CiscoQL
Last edited by Shadow6 on 2012-04-21 08:03am, edited 1 time in total.
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Zixinus wrote:I didn't get that impression and my native language is Hungarian (mostly).

Though, it IS strange. It seems some of the voice actors do try and it is interesting to see how different cultures interpret the same characters.

EDIT: Oh, and I wish dubbers would translate the names. Because it's just cringe-worthy to listen to "ponyville" and "pony" when the language spoken isn't English. It's just goes against the flow of the language.
Huh? OK, in a kid's show that might be so... but in generall translating names is even more cringe-inducing. Twilight's german voice actress doesn't have to pronounce every english-stemming word in that ridiculously overdone american acent, though. "Ehh-qwaah-stwreeh-uhh" :X
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Skgoa wrote:Twilight's german voice actress doesn't have to pronounce every english-stemming word in that ridiculously overdone american acent, though. "Ehh-qwaah-stwreeh-uhh" :X
If ARTE's "Karambolage" is to be trusted, trying to pronounce foreign words by respecting their original language's accent is a typically German thing to do. French prefer to rape foreign words with their own accent. :)
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Edit: I've just found and am really enjoying Princess Addictia's music. A lot of it is similar to Pogo/Pinkie Pie Swear/SoGreatandPowerful's style of short samples directly from the show, but with more synth/electronica elements:

Commission Mine six - missmanga14

Octavia - Jaz1rus

Trixie Nouveau - hezaa

Ain't they just - fongsaunder

Little Surprise (Pinkie Pie alpha version) - alexmakovsky
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

:raeg:

It should be "La Grande et Incroyable" - Trixie is a Filly, not a Colt, dangit !

I already noted the same kind of errors on some other of the artist's Nouveau prints. It's even more grating for me since the art itself is great...
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Rabid wrote:
Skgoa wrote:Twilight's german voice actress doesn't have to pronounce every english-stemming word in that ridiculously overdone american acent, though. "Ehh-qwaah-stwreeh-uhh" :X
If ARTE's "Karambolage" is to be trusted, trying to pronounce foreign words by respecting their original language's accent is a typically German thing to do. French prefer to rape foreign words with their own accent. :)
I love karambolage! :D /OT

The problem lies in the voice actress' inability to reproduce the desired pronounciation. It's just so grating, because you simply know she tries her best.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester