Tablet Drawings (56k warning)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Tablet Drawings (56k warning)

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I got a Bamboo Tablet for Black Friday and, after a vacation in Mexico, started messing around with it. All of these were done in SketchBook Express 2011 and then added some effects in Photoshop Elements 8.

Two random girls that I drew.

Judge Dredd from that cool Dredd movie poster.

ImageImage
A character I made up named PROMETHEUS/Maria.

"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Havok
Miscreant

Re: Tablet Drawings (56k warning)

Post by Havok »

Dredd is pretty cool. I would tone down the bright on it a bit though.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Havok wrote:Dredd is pretty cool. I would tone down the bright on it a bit though.
Thanks. I did have a version of him that wasn't as glowy as this one, but it seemed "wrong", ie the glare was grey.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Part 1. I was just messing around on my tablet.

Part 2. I added in some detail.

Part 3. I got too bored and just filled it in with whatever because I was about to give up on drawing for the day.

Part 4. The drawing looked so ugly that I thought I could make it look slightly better with some effects.

Part 5. I decided that I might as well completely overhaul the entire drawing so that it wasn't an embarrasing failure.

Part 6/FINAL. Where I decided that I saved the drawing.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Based off of a picture of a girl I somewhat knew in HS who went into modeling.

The last one is based off of a picture of one of my friends.

MrDakka
Padawan Learner

Post by MrDakka »

How is the Bamboo? I was giving some thought about picking one up after finals. I know its not a top of the line model, but how does this compare with other introductory graphics tablets?
Needs moar dakka
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I would not know at all dude, this is the first such drawing pad that I own or have ever tried. Maybe someone else can come in and help you with that.

MrDakka
Padawan Learner

Post by MrDakka »

I did. http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 4&t=157997

I posted a thread a week ago asking for advice and the Bamboo was recommended, but just a couple people responded. Since I have yet to try drawing on a tablet, how does drawing on it compare to drawing on a traditional medium (paper,canvas, etc.)

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread by bugging you with these questions. :P

And since this is a post about your artwork, I really like the perspective of your third drawing in your last post. Really emphasizes the pistol.
Needs moar dakka
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

MrDakka wrote:I did. http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 4&t=157997

I posted a thread a week ago asking for advice and the Bamboo was recommended, but just a couple people responded. Since I have yet to try drawing on a tablet, how does drawing on it compare to drawing on a traditional medium (paper,canvas, etc.)

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread by bugging you with these questions. :P
It's cool. As for drawing on the tablet, it's kinda odd at first. Have you ever drawn on those shiny papers that are meant for laser printers or the like? It feels like that since you aren't drawing on a sheet of paper but rather drawing around a fake pen across a plastic surface. The other odd thing is that you aren't looking at your hand as you draw since, obviously, the image you are creating is on a computer screen.
And since this is a post about your artwork, I really like the perspective of your third drawing in your last post. Really emphasizes the pistol.
Thanks.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

MrDakka
Padawan Learner

Post by MrDakka »

My only nitpicks are with the stock of the gun (at first I thought it was part of the armor only to realize its darker than the black parts of the armor) and her left arm (I feel like it should only be partially obscured by the gun).

Anyway very cool and nice job with the "in your face" perspective of her right leg (if I sound like broken record about the perspective thing, its only because every time I try, it just looks wrong and deformed, so I'm a sucker for those dynamic action shots)
Needs moar dakka
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

More drawings with my tablet and SketchBook Pro and Photoshop.