Suggest modern day "classical" composers.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tony Stark
Redshirt

Suggest modern day "classical" composers.

Post by Tony Stark »

I am a huge fan off almost every style that comes under classical music and am interested in the stuff being composed today. If their compositions are similar to the works of Tchaikovsky or Wagner then that is a plus (they are my two favourite all time composers).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Suggest modern day "classical" composers.

Post by Thanas »

Moved to correct forum.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Melchior
Jedi Master

Post by Melchior »

Please clarify what do you mean with "today". Do the composers need to be still working right now?
Other readers of the thread might find these people interesting.
EDIT: Try the "recomposition" of Vivaldi's Four Seasons done by Max Richter.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I am pretty sure he means modern day composers who write music in the STYLE of "classical" music.
Of course what one defines as "Classical" can very quite a bit.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Basically orchestral music then? If that is his definition, then John Williams will be one of them.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Do you mean modern composers that write pieces in the same styles as classical pieces (romantic, baroque, so on) or orchestral music in general? If the latter, you have quite a bit to choose from. A starting point I would recommend is The Fountain score by Clint Mansell. If you like that, Mansell has a lot of other works that are also very good. Hans Zimmer has done a lot of composing for successful blockbusters, and is another than I would recommend.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.