Warhammer40k art request

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Warhammer40k art request

Post by MichaelAwesome »

Warhammer40k Art Request:

As a request to the artistically-gifted fans of Warhammer40k, I was wondering if someone would like to consider drawing the Chaotic-equivalent of a Chartist mercantile spacecraft. I wish to inspire Academia Nut into continuing the W40K mega-crossover “Open Door” and thought artwork is the way to go.

Concept Premise: As one of several interconnected stories in “Open Door", the goddess Skuld (A!MG) is stranded in Faerun’s Forgotten Realms (D&D) along with a morose daemon of neoChaos. In order to get back home, she’ll need to build the Chaotic-equivalent of Chartist mercantile spacecraft to traverse the Void between dimensions. Skuld lacks navigators and astropaths, so the journey could take years.

Aesthetic considerations:

=Skuld and her worshippers are trying to industrialize a medieval agricultural society where magic is commonplace, so I assume their spacecraft would be an odd mixture of Magitech, Steam-punk, Cyber-punk, and W40K gothicness.

=Skuld usurped the Shadow Weave from Shar during the Times of Troubles, and Skuld's divine portfolio now includes shadows, night, stars, and ‘light hidden in darkness.’

=Through magically-binding peace treaties, Skuld’s pantheon of Noctis Pax includes the Orc gods, Eilistraee, Malar, and the archdevil Asmodeus. As such, the followers of these deities might be contractually obligated to assist in the designing and construction of the spacecraft, which could result in an odd amalgamation of styles, motifs, and themes.
MichaelAwesome
Youngling

Re: Warhammer40k art request

Post by MichaelAwesome »

Feil wrote:A good artist is a skilled craftsman, like a plumber or an electrician. Skilled craftsmen do the job and then they get paid.
My apologies, I forgot to put a price in my previous post. I am willing to pay for such a commission and didn't mean to imply that I was asking for a freebie.
:angelic:
Does $20 or $30 sound reasonable? If not, please tell me so. I assume the artist wishes to be paid through PayPal. The picture doesn't have to be in color; black-and-white is fine by me.
:angelic:
salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Warhammer40k art request

Post by salm »

Well, you might find somebody but the price tag is more of a pittance. Think of it: 30$ buys you what? 30 - 60 minutes of work.