My Star Wars Fanfic Character Art

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

My Star Wars Fanfic Character Art

Post by ComradeClaus »

http://capnjonas.deviantart.com/

Here's one of my more recent works, Hapan Crown Princess Choy-Ta'a:

http://capnjonas.deviantart.com/art/Cro ... -130068920

She is the first born of Queen Mother Ta'a Chume & Prince Isolder's half sister. Her father being the King Father (1/2 Ong-Dyndi) of the Lorell Raiders who escaped the Jedi who attempted to wipe them out & having spent 4 millennia in exile.

Of course, the reason for her strange appearance & immense size (around 8'3") is because she's 1/4 Ong-Dyndi. (A tribe of humans mutated by the Force & fought both the Sith & Jedi during the series of wars circa 5,000 BBY) Her Paternal Grandmother being the High Shamaness & unifier of the clans

(Note: for some reason, my scanner decided the picture should take up a full 1.1 MB)
ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Re: My Star Wars Fanfic Character Art

Post by ComradeClaus »

& This is Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda Series(I'm working on a fanfiction of that game):

http://capnjonas.deviantart.com/art/Ult ... -144653302

I based the crown bearing the Triforce on the crown of Morgoth which held the 3 Silmarils.
ComradeClaus
BANNED

Post by ComradeClaus »

No opinions? Or critiques? :cry:

I was hoping for at least one before getting permabanned.

Of course I'll still keep uploading Star Wars art even after I'm no longer here, so feel free to see them.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

They're poorly drawn, out of proportion, and the woman has tits like she has had serious surgery. Try harder next time?
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
ComradeClaus
BANNED

Post by ComradeClaus »

barnest2 wrote:They're poorly drawn, out of proportion, and the woman has tits like she has had serious surgery. Try harder next time?
thank you. Yeah, I still have trouble getting proportions right. I especially can't seem to draw legs. They confound me. The princess' boobs are basically crammed into a tight top. :twisted: Or she could be using the Force to hold them firm if you prefer! :wink:
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

I prefer a realistic bosom.

Legs are hard. Hands are harder. But keep practising and it will get better...
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
ComradeClaus
BANNED

Post by ComradeClaus »

Oh wow, only now did I notice how scrawny Ganon's right arm is in relation to his left. I don't know how I missed that.

Actually, I find hands easier than legs. A big problem is I use myself as a model.

But that causes 2 problems, that I only realized in the past several months: :banghead:

1.Women have shorter torsos & longer legs proportionately than men. (Stacy Kiebler's 40+" legs should've been a clue)

2. I have REALLY short arms & legs for a guy who's 5'10" (I always wondered why all my pants hung past my ankles about 4 inches.)

Of course, Ganon is a massive brute of a Gerudo & The Princess is an Ong-Dyndi, which are very tall & have wonky proportions. (such as long, slender necks & tall, narrow heads)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I will make the same suggestion I make to all artist having a hard time with figures.

Dynamic Anatomy

How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way

Both of these books (series for the former) have been invaluable to me and I'm pretty sure I have a fair grasp of what I am doing.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
ComradeClaus
BANNED

Post by ComradeClaus »

This was an earlier work, which somehow seems to be of far higher quality:

http://capnjonas.deviantart.com/art/Imp ... -128913889

Asnead Jonas is a Captain in the Imperial Navy, commanding the Training Imperial Star Destroyer Scimitar. Specifically, he's sent the 'problem children' of the Imperial Academy to straighten out, as well as orphans conscripted into the Navy.

He is also a Champion Knight in the Service of King-Father Horyk-Dan & Holy Crusader of Mother-Goddess Beza-Dan.

His background was that he was the child of 2 Corellian Jedi, who were typically expelled from the Order (Their celibacy policy probably wasn't a good idea) During Order 66 they became separated, He was then captured by Horyk's agents & trained, once in his early teens, he was presented to the King & Princess Choy Ta'a. Palpatine oversaw the ceremony as well. He was given one final task before he could be given status as a Knight... execute a couple of captured Jedi.

His parents who had been taken about the same time he was. Since they weren't officially Jedi anymore Horyk gave them the offer to join him & be reunited with their son.

They refused.

They were still loyal to the Order.

Horyk laid down the rules: if they killed their son, now a warrior of his, they'd be set free.

Asnead had the better weapon & techniques so they were thus slain. Upon which Choy Ta'a betrothed him to her. He requested transfer to the Academy for a formal military education. There he met & befriended Han Solo.

After graduation, he asked to be given a training command. When the Death Star plans were stolen, he prevented Ysanne Isard from being slain by Beza-Dan since he took a fancy to her.

When Palpatine died the 1st time, he returned to Coruscant. During the power struggle, he sided with Grand Marshal Ta'a Zhor, Director of Military Intelligence (Empire's version of GRU) & Iceheart's rival. He was then dispatched to Hapes to retake the region.
-----------------
I hope it's okay that I put some of his backstory here. He's a fanfic character, one of my first.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Here's some good tutorial stuff from Andrew Loomis found on PDF.

And not only useful tutorial booklets like How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way and Writing and Illustrating the Graphic Novel are indispensable in learning to draw cartoonish characters in a solid way, you could also look up on stuff like Mark Crilley's Manga tutorials on YouTube and also various How to Draw Manga books on Amazon.com.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor