Rebecca Black back again - My Moment

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RogueIce
_______

Rebecca Black back again - My Moment

Post by RogueIce »

Posted July 18th. I would've said, "Three days and over 9.7 million views" but then I went to do something else for about 20 minutes and now it's over 10 million views. A bunch of dislikes again, but...fuck it man, three days and over 10 million views. And the comments keep on shooting up. Over 90 comments since I just started typing this...

Of course the haters gonna hate, but for the record: I actually think it's a pretty decent song. Girl's got a pretty good voice.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Re: Rebecca Black back again - My Moment

Post by Dartzap »

Well, they seem to have done a better job on the autotune this time, anyway.

Still think I'd rather listen to Adele blathering on about combustive rain showers, though.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Did she dump Ark Music Factory? I think they're the ones who deserve everyone's wrath.
Image Image
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Did she dump Ark Music Factory? I think they're the ones who deserve everyone's wrath.
Apparently yes:
Perez Hilton, as quoted on Rebecca Black's website wrote:Sounds great, we can't wait! Though, we're going to miss the power behind Ark Music's production — what "will you do without their lyrics?? Here's to hoping you'll blow us away regardless!"
IIRC that dude doing a rap interlude is apparently standard for AMF, and it's not in this video, which I suppose is also a sign.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

10 million youtube videos is worth how much again?

Although, is it possible the ads to her videos generate more money for whomever gets those rights than actually selling said garbage? Is this the future of exploitable shit music?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

I wonder... Why is there so much hate against a 13 year old girl?

This music video by a 12 year old boy has more than twice as many views, but only about 1/40th of the negative ratings...

Is there something I'm missing?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Darth Fanboy wrote:10 million youtube videos is worth how much again?

Although, is it possible the ads to her videos generate more money for whomever gets those rights than actually selling said garbage? Is this the future of exploitable shit music?
Zero dollars and zero cents if your not a Youtube partner, if you are it's a one tenth of one cent per view all the way to half a cent or so for the add traffic so ten million views could be anywhere from 10k and up.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

And how exactly do people become Youtube partners?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

FaxModem1 wrote:And how exactly do people become Youtube partners?
Get Ten million views
Youtube's Partner program
Get popular, sign semi-exclusivity deal with Youtube and make money from your popularity.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton