Upgraded my Paintball gear

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Upgraded my Paintball gear

Post by Alyeska »

I've been playing Paintball for a few years now. I am real big into the Milsim side, woodsball, scenarioball, that sort of thing. I started with a Tippmann A5, CO2, and ACUs. Last year I upgraded to a heavily modified A5, ACUs in MARPAT Woodland, and some other newer gear. Every time I play paintball I upgrade. After a game this year, I started upgrading again. At the behest of a friend I converted to Compressed Air and got a new gun.

Fatigues are made by Propper. They are ACUs, but in the MARPAT woodland camo pattern. The Marine MCCUU fatigues are very hard to come by. Generic boonie hat, also MARPAT.

Web vest by UTG. Its the basic Omega design vest, but without any actual components. Purely a web vest in MARPAT woodland. Valken V-Tac series gear in MARPAT designed specifically for MOLLE attachment. I have 7 pod holders (going to upgrade the double pod to a triple pod soon). The tank holder and two pods are on my bank. The tank holder can carry up to 88ci tanks.

A view on the tank and the remote running off it.

BT TM7 marker (gun). Styled after the H&K MP7. It has Invert Mini internals. Fully automatic capable. Fake Aimpoint attached. A borrowed Dye Rotor hopper.

Stock extended, grip down.

No hopper.

And yes, my room mate has a habit of cutting off my head in photos.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Upgraded my Paintball gear

Post by Alyeska »

And yes, I am going for the Marine look. Since they are the only ones allowed to roll up their sleeves. I have some Stargate velcro patches on order, and I selected SG3 since that was the Marine fire team.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man. That is so nerdy. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Yep. And I qualify as a Fatty Nerd to Stark. I gained back 25 pounds after the illness induced weight loss I had earlier in the year. *sigh*

Still, I rather enjoy it. It gets you outside and its actually quite a work out on woodsball. I carry so much gear that its fairly heavy and I'm walking and sprinting pretty frequently. Not shown in that is I have a water reservoir space in the vest and I can carry a 1.5 liter camelbak.

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

On the plus side, at least your fly was up. :lol:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Flagg wrote:On the plus side, at least your fly was up. :lol:
*mumbles* Button flies suck. At least ACUs have zipper blouses. Did you know the new Airmen Battle Uniform is nothing more then a fancy desert tiger stripe BDU? Thats it. Same design as the BDU. The most requested design changes in the ABU were zipper fly and zipper blouse. The uniform review board for the Airforce said no. I question some uniform decisions. I suspect button flies are so that it can always be removed since a zipper can break. I would argue it should be zipper with a backup button system in case the zipper fails.

Anyway, I am going to be upgrading to some Valken Sierra pants soon. Link. They are still made with a ripstop material, but they use a more Paintball pant type construction with built in knee pads and reinforcement. And probably a zipper fly. I have a buddy in the Aiforce stationed in Okinawa and he is researching the possibility about my getting some real Marine MCCUUs in MARPAT Woodland.

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Alyeska wrote:Yep. And I qualify as a Fatty Nerd to Stark. I gained back 25 pounds after the illness induced weight loss I had earlier in the year. *sigh*

It's ok, so do I.

And very nice. Personally, I can't stand speed ball paintballer types. Woodball though, I respect them cause they're basicly the same as us airsofters, with just paint and hoppers instead of BBs and realistic mags.

Oh and yes, the ABU, the blue Hawaiian shirt camo.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I would love to get into Airsoft. The problem is hardly anyone around here plays it. Paintball is not exactly super common either, but its more popular. My roommate is a speedballer, but he also enjoys woodsball. He likes the slower pace and enjoys seeing the Milsim aspect. He is a speedballer at heart, but the BT TM7 has his interest real big time. Its built on the internals of an Invert Mini, which is a speedball gun, but its dressed up for woodsball. He is seriously considering getting one too.

The local stores are starting to push Airsoft harder than I've seen in a long time. Not just cheap $50 guns, but now they carry $200 and $300 airsoft guns. I might finally be able to get into the sport.

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

One bit of advice I give every new airsoft player. Buy Tokyo Mauri. It may not have the fastest FPS, but it's internals are about as solid as you can get. Plus, they're really easy to upgrade.
ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Post by ComradeClaus »

Alyeska wrote:I've been playing Paintball for a few years now. I am real big into the Milsim side, woodsball, scenarioball, that sort of thing. I started with a Tippmann A5, CO2, and ACUs. Last year I upgraded to a heavily modified A5, ACUs in MARPAT Woodland, and some other newer gear. Every time I play paintball I upgrade. After a game this year, I started upgrading again. At the behest of a friend I converted to Compressed Air and got a new gun.

Fatigues are made by Propper. They are ACUs, but in the MARPAT woodland camo pattern. The Marine MCCUU fatigues are very hard to come by. Generic boonie hat, also MARPAT.

Web vest by UTG. Its the basic Omega design vest, but without any actual components. Purely a web vest in MARPAT woodland. Valken V-Tac series gear in MARPAT designed specifically for MOLLE attachment. I have 7 pod holders (going to upgrade the double pod to a triple pod soon). The tank holder and two pods are on my bank. The tank holder can carry up to 88ci tanks.

A view on the tank and the remote running off it.

BT TM7 marker (gun). Styled after the H&K MP7. It has Invert Mini internals. Fully automatic capable. Fake Aimpoint attached. A borrowed Dye Rotor hopper.

Stock extended, grip down.

No hopper.

And yes, my room mate has a habit of cutting off my head in photos.

How does the Compressed Air compare against the CO2 for paint ball. roughly the same performance? Less expensive?
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

ComradeClaus wrote:How does the Compressed Air compare against the CO2 for paint ball. roughly the same performance? Less expensive?
I just purchased it. Haven't actually shot it yet. HPA is about 80-90% of the same shot capacity as CO2. You don't get as many shots per relative tank size, but you get much better consistency. HPA works just about the same in cold and warm air. CO2 wildly changes and you need things like regulators and expansion chambers to smooth that out. Having CO2 on the gun compared to on a remote line can massively change the consitency and shot count. But HPA will work just about the same way every single time. So you can dial in smoother and get better accuracy and consistency. You can use more expensive paint that breaks easier because your less likely to break it. HPA is more expensive to start, but comparatively priced to continue using. I can fill 3-4 CO2 tanks for $15, or I can rent a single scuba tank and fill my HPA gun all day long.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Alyeska wrote:*mumbles* Button flies suck. At least ACUs have zipper blouses. Did you know the new Airmen Battle Uniform is nothing more then a fancy desert tiger stripe BDU? Thats it. Same design as the BDU. The most requested design changes in the ABU were zipper fly and zipper blouse. The uniform review board for the Airforce said no. I question some uniform decisions. I suspect button flies are so that it can always be removed since a zipper can break. I would argue it should be zipper with a backup button system in case the zipper fails.
ABUs are not tiger stripe pattern BDUs. For one, no more starch! Whooo! Second, BDUs didn't start off with the retarded ass map pocket on the inside (now only to be found on the originals where someone hasn't cut them out). Lot's more pockets too, with different sizing than BDUs.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan