If you have an artwork you want serious opinions about, or you are trying to learn and you want helpful feedback, this is a thread devoted to critique.
Like Show-Off, this is a multi-media thread. We've got a spread of people on this board with experience in a variety of different arts, so if you draw, render, photograph, compose, make movies, and so on, there should be at least one person able to offer a considered opinion. Don't be dissuaded just because there are a lot of people taking photographs.
Sometimes the opinions may not be the ones you were hoping to hear, but that is part of the process. You won't get shit on, but you may be told you've got a lot to learn. If you just want to show off your stuff and get compliments/casual comments, post here
1. Limit yourself to one artwork per day, and give people a chance to respond instead of posting one per day every day like clockwork. The purpose is to solicit opinions, not show off.
2. If you post things to be
critiqued, you must give
critique. Mutual helpfulness is the purpose of the thread. If a person repeatedly posts without critiquing in return, his or her artwork will be barred from the Critique Thread until he/she is forthcoming with critiques.
3. Avoid chattiness and low-effort critiques. Don't give empty compliments ("Nice colors," "Cool," "It sucks," "Boring," "You win xXx~*Super Best Artist Award*~xXx plz comment!" etc.). Good critique is reasoned opinion; opinions offered without reasoning belong in the Show-off Thread and will be moved there.
4. Respect the effort of critiquers, and only post work that you've put some effort and thought into. Be prepared to answer questions as well as ask them.
5. If a lot of people are commenting on one work, and you don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, maybe give your attention to a more neglected work.
6. Images bigger than 1000 pixels on the longest side must
be linked or thumbnailed. Images that don't comply will be de-inlined.
7. If it is not safe for work, tag it and link it.