Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Re: Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

I'm really impressed with your drawings, Hav. The perspective that you pull off is incredibly difficult, but you make it look perfect (except maybe in the Judge Dredd picture, which is only nearly perfect :D ). You've inspired me so much that I've started sketching superheroes again in my notebook. Maybe I'll embarrass myself by posting a few pictures on here, but not any where where they might be compared to your artwork.

Seriously, Hav, your work is better than Jim Lee's, and Jim Lee was one of my life-long heroes (for comic book art, anyway). You really bring out the mythical, larger-than-life qualities of the heroes you draw, which reminds me of all the best that comics had to offer when I used to read them fanatically.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I'd still really like to see some action. And not the storyboards from that Mace Windu thing, but some real high quality artwork action. You're more than capable, dude.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:I'm really impressed with your drawings, Hav. The perspective that you pull off is incredibly difficult, but you make it look perfect (except maybe in the Judge Dredd picture, which is only nearly perfect :D ). You've inspired me so much that I've started sketching superheroes again in my notebook. Maybe I'll embarrass myself by posting a few pictures on here, but not any where where they might be compared to your artwork.
You absolutely should. And thanks.
Seriously, Hav, your work is better than Jim Lee's, and Jim Lee was one of my life-long heroes (for comic book art, anyway). You really bring out the mythical, larger-than-life qualities of the heroes you draw, which reminds me of all the best that comics had to offer when I used to read them fanatically.
Wow. This is probably the best compliment you could pay me, as I continually judge myself against him. I can't believe you for a second, but I appreciate it nonetheless. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Crazedwraith wrote:Diana kinda looks overmasculine
It's Hav's thing; Wonder Woman is supposed to be hella strong, so he makes her look more or less like a chick Superman. I kind of like it, especially seeing that we can just get him to draw Power Girl or something otherwise. :)

PS. Hav you need to draw more Bill. He looks great done by you.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I don't buy skinny women as superheroes or warriors, it's more realistic that they would have solid muscles; Wonder Woman looks more like a kick boxer, runner, or older gymnast instead of a steroid abuser.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I've been wanting to do a good Green Lantern drawing for a while, and I think I finally did something I like...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Okay, that's fucking awesome.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

A little love for The Cooler King... I realized though, after I posted on DA, there are no visible or protruding nipples or areolas. I failed. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Wow -- you can tell that Power Girl has had a super-Brazilian!
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

You wound me, sir! **chuckles** I've already posted my responses at DA, but I'll just add a few things here. Loving both of these; they're both very dynamic, helped by good positioning of the characters. The GL pic, in particular, has a good cinematic feel to it.

As for the tribute... thank you, man! I don't think visibly protruding nipples would be possible in that position, but ya done good. I still think PG's face looks a little pinched and smushed, but the overall piece is amazing.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Big Orange wrote:I don't buy skinny women as superheroes or warriors, it's more realistic that they would have solid muscles; Wonder Woman looks more like a kick boxer, runner, or older gymnast instead of a steroid abuser.
Becuase A superheroes strength is totally realistic to their muscle size, am I right?

So I wonder what questions Wonder Woman we be asking to truth lassoed up Power Girl, "You're totally into this aren't you?" perhaps.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Well I don't expect female super heroes to be like beauty pageant contestants and catwalk models, that's all. But you wouldn't guess what Jim Lee has done now, he's decided to redesign Wonder Woman! I haven't got a particular attachment to the character nor DC comics, but I know this is going to generate a shitstorm.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh yes, a choker, fingerless gloves and a leather, obviously designed by a retard, jacket is very modern and not at all 1990's. :lol:

Jim Jim Jim... you've always been so great at everything except making changes.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Havok wrote:Oh yes, a choker, fingerless gloves and a leather, obviously designed by a retard, jacket is very modern and not at all 1990's. :lol:
you're just bitter because the new costume isn't as revealingly sexy as her old one
:?: :?: :?:

His lineart is nice though I never liked the 'sketchiness' of it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stofsk wrote:
Havok wrote:Oh yes, a choker, fingerless gloves and a leather, obviously designed by a retard, jacket is very modern and not at all 1990's. :lol:
you're just bitter because the new costume isn't as revealingly sexy as her old one
I know you aren't being serious, but I have always hated WWs outfit. I mean, yeah titties and legs are nice, but it's not like you can't see Superman or Batman's scrotums through their tights. It never made any sense why WW doesn't just wear pants under her panties like they do.
:?: :?: :?:

His lineart is nice though I never liked the 'sketchiness' of it.
Oh man, I love Jim, he just never did good trying to 'redefine' characters outside of just drawing them. He breathed great life into Superman and Batman, but it was just because his art was so awesome, not because he did anything spectacular with the characters.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well what do ya know, I still know how to draw.

Daredevil
Lazy on the background, but it's been a while.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

A quick Black Adam. Then I screwed around with my Sharpies and... well here you go.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Captain America

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

DD is just awesome. Even if my only experience with him is the Ben Affleck movie.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Batman looking out at Gotham.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

That's a neat horn thingy coming out of his shoulder. Is that an established Batman design element or did you come up with it?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Nice architecture.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Zablorg wrote:That's a neat horn thingy coming out of his shoulder. Is that an established Batman design element or did you come up with it?
It comes and goes. I ripped it off from Brian Bolland, the best Batman artist ever.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

I do like it when Havok gets in the mood to draw. Do your best to stay in that mood, please.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm really trying to stay in the mood this time. And thanks. :)
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)