Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I like the cyber-punk look of Gotham there, does that mean Oracle is going to be kicking Lisbeth Salazar's arse?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Is that the new Batwoman?

Superwoman.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

*does a double-take*

Waitwait, this wasn't some asshole necroing, Havok's actually drawing again!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Hey Hav, are there any drawing anatomy books in particular you would recommend? Because I've been doodling stuff lately and they've been getting better but I think a better understanding of anatomy would obviously be very helpful.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

I'm still waiting for that Hulk Shit drawing ya promised me, Hav.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Zablorg wrote:Hey Hav, are there any drawing anatomy books in particular you would recommend? Because I've been doodling stuff lately and they've been getting better but I think a better understanding of anatomy would obviously be very helpful.
The Dynamic Anatomy series. How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way (not kidding at all).

Also take/get pictures of buildings, grab a ruler and freehand copy the shit out of them. Get landscapes and do the same thing. Great looking figures look stupid standing on nothing, as much as I wish I never had to draw a fucking background.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear

Lisbeth Salazar is the main female character from Stig Larson's Melinium Trilogy as known as
The Girl _ _ _ (eg The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who kicked the Hornet's nest etc)

of course a wheel chair bound Oracle agaisnt a 4'8" waif who survives point blank gunshots....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Joker's New Gang.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Photobucket sucks. It won't post any bigger than that.

If you wanna see the bigger versions, http://havokeff.deviantart.com.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Havok wrote:The Joker's New Gang.
I like the visual, but I see a problem with Bizarro's logo: it seems to be the version that's on Superman's costume, rather than its reverse.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I don't like the reverse S. It especially doesn't make sense for the new Bizzarro, which is just a clone of Superman, unless Lex Luthor decided to do the backwards S.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Havok wrote:I don't like the reverse S. It especially doesn't make sense for the new Bizzarro, which is just a clone of Superman, unless Lex Luthor decided to do the backwards S.
I'm just going by the Bizarro used by Alex Ross in the Justice miniseries. I'm not that up to date -- that series was made in 2006, after all -- but it's still recent, and it forms my most vivid impression of the character.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Man I wish I had your talent Hav, I'd love to be able to draw to such a level but alas, Can't have everything you want in life. :/
The Yosemite Bear

another special request (though I think I've well exceeded my quata), would be various femme fatales in a kareoke bar, during ladies night. *optional dead male bargoers in the foreground)

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I still say my idea was freakin' brilliant. Dr. Doom discovering his softer side and getting a bunny, it's on his lap, as he idly pets i - OH MY GOD, He's forgotten he has huge metal hands and and stroked the flesh right off of the poor rodent! He is heartbroken!
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

My idea was so good Hav actually drew it. And named it after me.

He still hasn't done Batgirl getting her arm broken while fisting an orgasming Supergirl though.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

Amazing stuff, Hav. I particularly like the Joker's gang and the DD pic. The 'gang' pic has that same vibe coming off of it that I got when seeing the major members of the Sinestro Corps... that sensation of "Oh, shit, someone's about to get cornholed". Nice stuff. My only complaint is the inkwork on that Black Adam pic; the Sharpies don't really allow for much line differentiation, so it looks more like something out of a coloring book. I highly recommend Faber-Castell PITT brush pens; they allow fantastic line variations when inking.

And your shading is getting much better! The Cap, Batman, and Superwoman pics all exemplify that. Very naturalistic muscle shading on Superwoman, in particular.

You're making me want to post stuff again! I need to get off my ass and onto my scanner!
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, I suck at inks. Was just being silly. You ink way better than I do.

And yeah, you should post here again too.

I'm actually thinking of posting a commissions price list on DA and see what happens.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

First commission in a LOOOOONG while.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

Dude, that is INSANELY fucking badass. I love the wealth of detail, and especially the variations of tone. Great proportions, and some parts of it (the car, in particular) look damn near photo-realistic. You've outdone yourself this time, Hav.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, great work.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

That is fucking awesome Hav.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Yosemite Bear

trying to figure out if thats a zombie or a terminator...

either way it's bad ass.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Who's the zombie whitebread gangsta for? Great job.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Post by ComradeClaus »

I'm still enthralled by that motorcycle's details!

Your art is a couple orders of magnitude better than mine.

Can I ask you how often you draw? Like typically how many you make a month or year?