Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

Post by Havok »

So here is the deal. More time spent. More detail. Backgrounds. They don't have to be perfect, but I want to get the quality of what I am doing up.

Some of my older stuff is going to get finished and worked on before I get to newer things, so to start this thread off, one of my old favorites that was done for Weemadando and the SPQR project, that I took some time to update.

I added more detail and cleaned up and made the background Marines more visible. Also tried to make the ranks look more numerous. Added the mountains and smoke.

I imagine this as the march back to the ships and they are killing every last enemy of the Empire on their way. The Emperor's son is carrying the head of the enemy leader flanked by his lone surviving personal guard. The victorious General and his right hand are leading the way.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

Post by Ghost Rider »

Very good. The characters in front aren't too homogenized giving a personal touch, while the soldiers are nearly faceless giving a far larger army feel.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Fucking finally man, I've missed your art threads. :) It's been a long time since I've seen this picture, but on its own merits I think it looks great. There's like three or four shitloads of detail going on there: the pin on the anchor's chain on their standard is a surprising touch, and I like how the armour details are present on the mooks behind the 'big four'. However, I think the shadowed boots could probably do with being drawn. The smoke rising on the horizon is a nice touch though.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Great work. But hey to make it even more awesome, it needs a B-52 swooping down on them from under the sun and just beginning to release cluster bombs. :D Hey all that armor might even help them live long enough to bleed to death instead of insta kill.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I like it! Have you thought of coloring this?
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

That drawing is quite simply awesome. I love how-full it is.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

TheMuffinKing wrote:I like it! Have you thought of coloring this?
Absolutely not! :lol: I have zero skill when it comes to that.
Ford Prefect wrote:I think the shadowed boots could probably do with being drawn.
You are supposed to tell me that before I finish drawing! :D You are right though. That is an obvious fudge through. If it was being inked, it probably would be fine, but standing alone in pencil, it does tend to stand out.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

This is another revisit. Lots more detail added. I think the original is still in my Blank Yellow thread.
The image itself might be slightly distorted because of the three piece way I have to scan the pro sized boards and the scans, no matter how careful I am, never quite seem to match up when I "assemble" them.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

good to see the return of Havok's Romans for Ando, and Blank Yellow guy.

now where are my Roman Werewolves?\\

purhaps they can join in ando's steampunk romans?

that and can we get some Titus Pullo?
please?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'll see what I can do about the Roman werewolves. :D

The classic costumes are the best.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I have a question about those art boards you use, Havok. What are their dimensions? Are they, say, A4 sized or larger?

Your art is pretty good, by the way. Do you do any inking? Or are you more fond of pencilling?
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Cap and Tony are fucking AWESOME, Havok. That looks great, your shading is good.
XXXI
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stofsk wrote:I have a question about those art boards you use, Havok. What are their dimensions? Are they, say, A4 sized or larger?

Your art is pretty good, by the way. Do you do any inking? Or are you more fond of pencilling?
11x17 inches. I believe that is quite a bit larger than A4, which my scanner can handle. I have never delved into inking beyond straight black and white with Sharpies. The finality of ink scares me. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Havok wrote:This is another revisit. Lots more detail added. I think the original is still in my Blank Yellow thread.
The image itself might be slightly distorted because of the three piece way I have to scan the pro sized boards and the scans, no matter how careful I am, never quite seem to match up when I "assemble" them.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ ... YBoard.jpg
I refuse to believe that this is Blank Yellow, because there is no pendulous cock visible. :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

weemadando wrote:
Havok wrote:This is another revisit. Lots more detail added. I think the original is still in my Blank Yellow thread.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ ... YBoard.jpg
I refuse to believe that this is Blank Yellow, because there is no pendulous cock visible. :lol:
Aw c'mon. One time! :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Havok wrote: 11x17 inches. I believe that is quite a bit larger than A4, which my scanner can handle. I have never delved into inking beyond straight black and white with Sharpies. The finality of ink scares me. :D
That's why I always made copies, and never inked the original.
Now I just scan them and do it on the computer.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I love the detail on the roof in that picture of Mike, Hav. The shifted panel is a nice touch.
What is Project Zohar?

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm still waiting for the final version of the Catwoman picture you were drawing for me :cry:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm still waiting for the final version of the Catwoman picture you were drawing for me :cry:
It's still sitting here. It's gone through some changes, albeit slight. I'll get to it soon.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pouches. :lol:

Do you plan on doing a background for that one? I'd like to see you handle a Megacity shopfront or something.
What is Project Zohar?

Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Perspective is too extreme on the interior gun barrel, unless the Lawgiver now uses .22 caliber. Other than that, excellent as usual.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

more like .75 cal. for a lawgiver/40k knock off/ stainless steel rat gyrojet.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:Do you plan on doing a background for that one? I'd like to see you handle a Megacity shopfront or something.
Yes. I actually already tried and it wasn't happening, so I just posted Dredd, who himself is done. Gonna do some Mega City One research and get back to the background tonight.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Mike looks a lot more furry than last we saw that pic. The added ceiling detail though just seems to draw my attention off Mike himself, which isn't really a good thing.

Is the Cap/Iron Mang one a classic rendition of Civilwar? i.e Is it Cap that's fucked up Iron mang's suit?