The new Unicron toy!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

The new Unicron toy!

Post by Galvatron »

This is the Transformers Armada version...

http://www.geocities.com/bad_sage/trans ... index.html
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Cool....time to complete the collection of stuff
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

The Beast Wars Neo prototype was better.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

VF5SS wrote:The Beast Wars Neo prototype was better.
That goes without saying, but unlike the BW Neo one, this is actually getting made.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

I thought hasbro demanded this be taken off the net. I guess someone pirated a copy during the brief time it was up. Pretty good. Needs better colors though.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Hmm, it's kinda...

...Really ugly.

But then again, it is from Armada.

:P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Armada has shit all over the TF enough as it is.....

at first I was thrilled that they were bringing back autobots and decepticons but it still isnt working. What they need to do is come up with a version of TF meant for older audiences, get some bitchin animators to come in, and have Optimus Prime and Megatron wholsale salughter enemy opponents. And this time around, make them excellent tacticians and emphasize that long standing million year old rivalry.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

What they need is a mature, not always fighting every episode, and efinately not the"character of the week" syndrome Transformers series, using the G1 versions of our favorites. Make it TV-PG or TV-14, and slip it into Adult Swim's shedule.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Armada has shit all over the TF enough as it is.....

at first I was thrilled that they were bringing back autobots and decepticons but it still isnt working. What they need to do is come up with a version of TF meant for older audiences, get some bitchin animators to come in, and have Optimus Prime and Megatron wholsale salughter enemy opponents. And this time around, make them excellent tacticians and emphasize that long standing million year old rivalry.
At Botcon last year, the show producers said straight out they aren't trying to maintain any kind of continuity from one series to the next these days. The success of the RID line in 2001 helped fuel this idea (I guess they don't realize that it wouldn't be that difficult to out-perform the Beast Machines cartoon). They feel that since the main market is apparently young kids, they don't need to respect the older fans wishes.

Wish they would make two shows. One for a contuining story to please us guys who have been following the franchise since G1 and a less mature one for the kids. But that would const twice as much. :(
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

What is it about G1 Transformers that makes people want to make something more out of it?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Besides the fact that it's the best?

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:What is it about G1 Transformers that makes people want to make something more out of it?
Simple: me.

VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Besides the fact that it's the best?
... Have you seen the show recently? :shock:
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Yeah, I have Season One on DVD.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Besides the fact that it's the best?
... Have you seen the show recently? :shock:
The basic premise and character designs are what we like. I'd like to see G1 redone in a similar fashion to the new Masters of the Universe series. Fuck Armada.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Ok ok, that I can see. Sorry I'm just used to G1 zealots who want everything like the old cartoon.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Well, Heaven forbid, don't make a new series that's as dorky as the old cartoon (although with Armada that's debatable).

But the newer stuff just lacks spirit. It's like they're just pale imitations of the original. The only thing that really got close was the first two seasons of Beast Wars.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Well, Heaven forbid, don't make a new series that's as dorky as the old cartoon (although with Armada that's debatable).

But the newer stuff just lacks spirit. It's like they're just pale imitations of the original. The only thing that really got close was the first two seasons of Beast Wars.
Yeah, those lifeless yellow* eyes on Armada's Optimus Prime have none of the character in G1 Prime's blues...

ImageImage

* - Autobots are all supposed to have blue eyes! Decepticons are supposed to have red eyes! Dammit! :evil:
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Hot damn, yes.

And the Movie was just totally bitchin'! None of the goofy stuff from the series (well, except for some of the stuff on Junkion...).

Here's some personal triva: Sarah's start up sound is Orson Welles' line "I...am Unicron!" :mrgreen:

Hey, when's Rhino suposed to release the Season Two, volume two set? I'd kinda like to get them both at the same time.

VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Uhh you do remember that Thrust, Trypticon, Skylynx, Superion, and Hoist had yellow eyes, right ?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:Uhh you do remember that Thrust, Trypticon, Skylynx, Superion, and Hoist had yellow eyes, right ?
Are you trying to confuse me with facts? :oops:

Actually, Superion had red "eyes" (as did Metroplex).

ImageImage
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Hmm guess I was thinking about the toy when it came to Superion. Well Hot Spot had red eyes. All the Predacons had yellow eyes. Wildrider had blue eyes. Breakdown had yellowish eyes. Motormaster had purple eyes. Dead End had a purple visor. Shockwave had one yellow eye. Onslaught had an orange visor... must I go on?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Why does Armada suck? Because they gave the characters G1 names just for the American version. The original Japanese version was a completely different continuity.

And damnit, "Fire Convoy" sounds so much cooler than "Fire Truck Optimus Prime".
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

VF5SS wrote:Hmm guess I was thinking about the toy when it came to Superion. Well Hot Spot had red eyes. All the Predacons had yellow eyes. Wildrider had blue eyes. Breakdown had yellowish eyes. Motormaster had purple eyes. Dead End had a purple visor. Shockwave had one yellow eye. Onslaught had an orange visor... must I go on?
Damn your memory and powers of observation! You humans are all the same!

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Why does Armada suck? Because they gave the characters G1 names just for the American version. The original Japanese version was a completely different continuity.
The toys aren't as good as the past few lines (RID, Beast Wars) because they went for gimmicks instead of cool figures. The same thing happened in the end of G1 (think sparkabots, triggercons, throttlebots of 1987, 1988)