Blank Yellow (56k beware, NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Re: Blank Yellow (56k beware, NSFW)

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Wow! This is fantastic!

Are the angels armed, how do they fight? Close quarters, ranged, etc...?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Wow! This is fantastic!

Are the angels armed, how do they fight? Close quarters, ranged, etc...?
Thanks.

Yes they are armed. There are a few different groups of Angels that each have their own way of doing things. The majority use swords and spears. There are factions that use "human" weapons, such as guns and rifles. They prefer close quarters, with the exception of the few archers there are.

I should mention, that the Angels are exceedingly tough and at the minimum, advanced armor piercing rounds need to be used to even penetrate their skin. Part of the reason that Mike and the others employ swords and knives so often is that they are much more susceptible to slashes and stabbings over the more blunt force from bullets.

The Angels reluctance to break with tradition, and the fact that most hand held "human" weapons don't effect them greatly, coupled with their ability for getting up close very quietly, leads to their preference for close quarters.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I'm intrigued by the main character's dead girlfriends and how he as dangerous date with as James Bond or a typical Mel Gibson character.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Big Orange wrote:I'm intrigued by the main character's dead girlfriends and how he as dangerous date with as James Bond or a typical Mel Gibson character.
:D It seems to be a theme for him. As his life goes, it causes him to become more callous and vengeful, obviously.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

You know, the 'Three Loves Lost' picture is intruiging. I'm not sure, but I'm kind of certain that it was not the angel chick he killed.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:You know, the 'Three Loves Lost' picture is intruiging. I'm not sure, but I'm kind of certain that it was not the angel chick he killed.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Incorrect sir. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OK. So these are tentatively the first two pages (rough) of this damned story.
Dialogue:
Mike: So that's where I am at the moment.
Priest: My...
Mike: Quite a bit to absorb huh?
Priest: *sigh*
Pager goes off: Beep beep beep
Priest: Time's up?
Mike: Time's up.
Mike: (As he gets up to leave) Something for you outside.
Priest: What is it?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Page 2
Dialogue:
Note: Mike, Sorry to hold this over your head for so long, but I had to be sure. I hope you understand. Your "Sins" are washed away now my friend. Thank you, Mike.
Priest: God damn. He made a joke. Oops. Sorry.

NSA guy: (Outside in the car) We good to go?
NSA guy: Mike? We good to go?
Mike: I think I did something good.
NSA guy: Everything OK?
Mike: How's my hair?
NSA guy: Great as usual.
Mike: Then we are good to go.

Feedback and thoughts please.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I considered not posting this, but I don't think that it is going to be a secret that he is going to live a very long life and that eventually he will die. I wanted to make his death as unceremonious as possible, while still making it sad, without making it just plain sad... if that makes sense.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

THat is a simply beautiful drawing. Very emotive even without having any real connection to the character already.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Still smirking on his way out. I guessing that's a heart attack? It seems really appropriate somehow.

I really like the comic pages too, Hav. 'How's my hair?' 'Great as usual.' is good interplay.
What is Project Zohar?

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Is that a heart attack, or is that the shadow of an angel flying away?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Surlethe wrote:Is that a heart attack, or is that the shadow of an angel flying away?
Heart attack. The angels are coming to pay respects, or maybe just pee on him. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Which, in itself, is a really nice touch.
What is Project Zohar?

Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

In the first panel of the first page, is the 'camera' supposed to be tilted? It's an interesting effect, not quite sure what to make of it. Anyway, it's a good start. I've read comics that grabbed me more with the first two pages, but I'm not bored either, so you're fine. I look forward to more.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Alright, I could start drawing again without some Blank Yellow. I just can never shake the story from my head. So anyway.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Is that a redraw? I'm sure we've seen this shot before. And the placement of those casings looks really suspect to me.

But excellent work Hav, I was just hoping for new stuff after the inspiration thread.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

New stuff is coming. I've been on a pretty good role and I've been helping Jenn with her own angel story.

I'm actually progressing on the story as well and have been redrawing much of my older reference material up to a standard I am happy with. It is just annoying to scan it as I have to do the comic sized A3 boards in three pieces then put them together in Paint. I'm looking for some A3 scanners that work with Windows 7. Expensive.

As for a redraw on that one? No. There are some similar views. I like to use falling a lot with the imagery because of the flight capabilities of the angels, so it's probably going to come up a bit and seem familiar.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Blank Yellow reminds me of Garth Ennis' Preacher, only it focuses more on Heaven's angels.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'll make a note to never read Preacher then. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

You actually have a story for this or is it "This looks cool, so here's a story for the drawing'?
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Havok wrote:I'll make a note to never read Preacher then. :D
Never. Read. Preacher.

I will file this under "Sarcasm [Assumed]".