What's Isolder's Best Cake?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Poll ended at 2007-08-09 07:02pm

57 Chevy Bell Air
9%
New York Museum of Modern Art(Frank Lloyd Wright)
26%
Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II
46%
Laptop
6%
The Millenium Falcon
3%
The Death Star
3%
Imperial Star Destroyer Mark I
9%

Total votes: 35

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Chevy

New York Museum of Modern Art(Frank Lloyd Wright)

Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II

Laptop

The Millenium Falcon

The Death Star

Imperial Star Destroyer Mark I(first version made by me)

Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gotta go with the Mark II
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

The '57 Chevrolet has the best fidelity to detail, but they're all pretty good. :wink:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

hmm its a Tie.....
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I like the museum...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Cake of modern art!
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I like the laptop. Looks hard to make yet seems simple.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I like the laptop. Looks hard to make yet seems simple.
Its only hard getting the lines straight. The letters are murder on the wrists though.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I like that it's an Apple. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Zaia wrote:
I like that it's an Apple. :D
Here is the cake with its model

Here is the Mark II with me

The cameraman thought it looked funny me trying to find a place in the fridge for it.
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Destroyer MkII theyre all kewl though
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Its a tie again
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

A toss up between the Art Museum and trhe Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II. And the latter takes it. ;)
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

For the moment at least
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

FLW wins. Cool. :lol:
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I like the Chevy but that's because I like cars ;). Also because it looks like it's your best yet, as in it doesn't look like you had shaky hands while doing the icing.

*keep in mind I grew up watching my mother make cakes for the 7 of us as we grew up, plus some, she did wedding cakes, birthday cakes, easter cakes, christmas cakes, etc... She also did cakes for everyone who would ask including friends and extended family.. she even did cakes for some co-workers at one point. So I'm used to seeing professional jobs*

But you are good at it. Have you considered doing it as a career? Your cakes are very different than the norm and I'm sure you'd have lots of requests from customers.
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Laptop. 'Cuz it's a Mac.

>_>
<_<

Okay, the ISD Mk II. The Death Star looks more like a Death Pumpkin.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Wyrm wrote:Laptop. 'Cuz it's a Mac.

>_>
<_<

Okay, the ISD Mk II. The Death Star looks more like a Death Pumpkin.
I should have taken a picture before having to leave it on the counter on a hot day...it kind of melted. It started out perfectally round. It was too big to fit into the fridge.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Mrs Kendall wrote:I like the Chevy but that's because I like cars ;). Also because it looks like it's your best yet, as in it doesn't look like you had shaky hands while doing the icing.

*keep in mind I grew up watching my mother make cakes for the 7 of us as we grew up, plus some, she did wedding cakes, birthday cakes, easter cakes, christmas cakes, etc... She also did cakes for everyone who would ask including friends and extended family.. she even did cakes for some co-workers at one point. So I'm used to seeing professional jobs*

But you are good at it. Have you considered doing it as a career? Your cakes are very different than the norm and I'm sure you'd have lots of requests from customers.
Everyone keeps telling me that. I'd have to take formal classes to qualify for a licsense I think first. How much do you think I could actually make off of my cakes if I tried to sell them. How much do you think they'd be worth each?
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Isolder74 wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:I like the Chevy but that's because I like cars ;). Also because it looks like it's your best yet, as in it doesn't look like you had shaky hands while doing the icing.

Everyone keeps telling me that. I'd have to take formal classes to qualify for a licsense I think first. How much do you think I could actually make off of my cakes if I tried to sell them. How much do you think they'd be worth each?
I dunno, my mom never needed a license, but then again she wasn't making cakes of certain designs that could be copywrited (if that's even a concern)
You could just sell them to your friends and family to start off and see if you like it enough to make that your job/second job.

I'd say as a minimum you could charge 20 bucks, and as a maximum... say.. $50? Depending on how long it takes and how difficult the design.

Just a suggestion.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

So 40 -50 for cakes like the Destroyer and the Guggenheim and 20 - 30 for the Falcon, the Chevy, and the Death Star.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Well that's for you to decide, I have no clue how hard it was to make any of those cakes ;). But I think that's a good price range.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Who voted Death Star?
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Well that's for you to decide, I have no clue how hard it was to make any of those cakes ;). But I think that's a good price range.
well the Death Star only took 2 hours to do. The Museum and SD took 8 hours to make. The car is at the middle at 5
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Than yeah that makes sense. In light of this news, I'd say if it takes you more than 7 hours you should be paid more than 50 bucks. That's a lot of time working on something.

Anyway, figure out what the cost of the ingredients and molds are for a specific cake and then figure out how much you would want to be paid for your time.

I really think you could do this and have a nice side job to generate extra cash!