The Art of Zor (56k DIE)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: The Art of Zor (56k DIE)

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:lol:

Oh man, that's ridiculous! It looks very angry and very big, and I'd hate to have a fucking platoon of those guys stomping around in my post-city! I think the best part is that, despite being GIANT SIZED, its proportions are relatively realistic and its features are also pretty much... well, normal infantry armor-like and without the ridiculous extraneous crap seen on other mechanimus like Gungun Gundams or whatever. That, and it's got a big fuckoff gatling gun.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

That mecha is sweet stuff. I like the proportions and have to echo what Shroom said. I noticed the head vaguely resembles something from Gundam and it compliments the body design very well!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

TheMuffinKing wrote:That mecha is sweet stuff. I like the proportions and have to echo what Shroom said. I noticed the head vaguely resembles something from Gundam and it compliments the body design very well!
That was basically what i was going for.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Pirate Lords) War Construct: War constructs are fairly rare, Humans are generally plentiful enough and Ursoids, Naga and Tengu provide more specialized soldiers more cheaply and difculty in training constructs for military purposes has generally encouraged militaries to really on more traditional methods for arquiring soldiers for their army. Many Artificers refuse to produce constructs that are agressive due to ethical concerns. Militaries often do employ constructs, but generally to do unpleasant jobs such as stoking engines aboard ships. Never the less, there are instances in which nations comission willing Bio-Artificers to produce military constructs.

War constructs do have a few advantages, the first being that the expenses for war constructs are generally in a single lump sum while they tend to have minimal costs afterwards, mostly related to food, water and the occasional skin replacement. Some militaries save costs by repurposing comendeered constructs in conquered territories to serve military roles or have contracts with Artificer's co-operatives, supplying them with frozen remains of fallen enemy animals and soldiers in exchange for a small number of war constructs each year. The second is in durribility, constructs are generally built to be easilly put back together and can have such features as three hearts, lungs with built in redundancy as well as internal armor plates defending vitals. Thirdly they can be given useful additions to their anatomy such as eyes allowing a 360 degree field of sight, venom sacs, centaur like bodies or three sets of arms. Finally, they have a distinct Psycological effect against the enemy.

This war construct is fairly basic, with not too many additions that a civilian construct would not have, some claws, steel spiked boot feet, a rear view eye and a set of powerful jaws. The most sugnifigant changes are inside, with some organ redundancy and mental. War constructs have been likened to intellegent, dexterous attack dogs. Loyal but agressive and territorial, generally needing to be kept under the supervision of trained caretakers. Occasionally war constructs are seperated from their armies for prolonged periods of time, the result is that they become dangerous rouge elements.
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

First new Zhong thing in some time.

Colonal (retired) Deng Lin and and his Daughter Ziyi arrive at the opera via roadsteamer in the Fifth Western Province. Among some fifty seven million civilian subjects of the Zhong Empire in the west, about 5.2 million of them are Ethnically Zhong human (with several hundred thousand half Zhong). Said sections of the population is slightly biased towards men (About 60%) and is composed mostly of a combination of skilled workers (mechanics, machinists), Artisans, engineers and architects, administrative workers (from scribes to Mandarins), captains of industry, personal servents, retired soldiers, teachers and the families of said people. The ultimate aim is not to displace or replace the locals, but rather to civilize them, removing their barbaric ways and showing them how a proper civilization is run and works so they can become part of it and serve the Empire. High ranking officers are generally given lavish retirement packages.

Most (although not all) of the upper stratas of society in the western provinces is now Ethnically Zhong. The Emperor's orders are that local Kings (if captured) are to executed and cremated publiclly, nobles that are not killed in battle during conquest are generally stripped of most of their lands in redistribution programs and find themselves ill suited to compete with Zhong Industry and mechanized agriculture. A few local merchants have managed to start up sucsessful ventures and their are a few rising locally born Bureaucrats, but high society in the Colonies remains primarally the domain of colonials. A few local dwellings have been repurposed, but most of this upper class live in an increasing number of Siheyuan. Venues including high end resteraunts and Operas are also increasingly common.

Among the favored toys of the upper class are Roadsteamers, Steam powered personal transports. Able to reach speeds of up to 90 Li per hour, there are few better symbols of power and prestiege than personnal roadsteamer ownership. Deng Lin's Steamer is in the older style, with a seperate Cabin for the driver, although an increasing number are in the newer style with integrated Driver's compartments. The demand for them has promted economic development of a civilian roadsteamer industry in the Colonies.
Last edited by Zor on 2010-03-02 03:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Salvation War Fanart. A Baldrick with trident.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Terran Sphere) Novan Imperial Navy Spacesuit. It is standard proceedure for Novan Spacers to enter battle wearing spacesuits, in case of depressurization of the enviroment or being sucked into the vacume of space. These spacesuits are Mechanical pressure affairs and can be put on in less than five minutes. For protection, they have a Flak vest over the chest to deal with shrapnal.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Pirate Lords) Human Zombie. Zombies are found on a few islands throughout the equitorial southern Archipelago. Zombies are the re-activated corpses of dead placental mammals which have been infested with one of the sixteen species of Necromancer Fungus. This species of Fungus has the ability to re-activate a recently dead body, re-routing nervous commands, fending off rot and serving as makeshift organs. Within about twenty four hours, a corpse the size of a human sized creature can be resurected as a Zombie.

Due to brain damage Zombies have limited intelligence and are driven by a fairly basic set of drives. These are to find sheltered places to sleep during the day, find food and water and spread the virus to any other animal alive or dead by regurgitating spore laced vomit onto it. Despite this, Zombies do retain snipits of their past lives. In the case of Human Zombies, this manifests itself as humming songs, saying the occasional muffled phrase or behavior such as undoing a fly to urinate and then doing it up afterwards. The behavioral traits of Zombies also varies depending on what species of Necromancer Fungus they have been infected with (some zombies act in groups, others are hostile to rival zombies and try to kill them). As a rule Zombies are not hostile to non zombies unless provoked beyond vomiting for purposes of propagation. The diet of Zombies is mostly plant based (with the occasional rival Zombie thrown in in some cases), as not to destroy hosts unessisarally.

The spores of Necromancer Fungus are in general not harmful. In most cases they stay dormant in the body for up to five years years and wait for the host to die by it's own means. However there are some people (roughly one in 100) which have allergic reactions to Zombie Fungus spores, ranging from skin irritation to death. The lifespan of a Zombie is determined by size, the larger the creature the longer they last. Human sized Zombies have a Lifespan of about two to three years, eventually dying as the fungus consumes more and more flesh, eventually leading the mushroom colony to devour what remains before itself dies off as it requires flesh to grow in to survive. Zombies are seen less as a threat to society as a persistant nuscence, however Due to internal re-routing and repairs made to the body by the Fungus, Zombies are somewhat hard to destroy. Often if a Zombie is incapacitated, the Fungus can repair the damage and re-activate the Cadaver once more. Despite this Zombies do have three notable weaknesses...

1-Dryness: if left out in a dry enviroment (like being put out in direct sunlight in summer for a day) the fungus (and by extension the Zombie) will die.
2-Cold: The Fungus has little resistance to cold weather.
3-Salt: Exposure to high levels of salt kills necromancer Fungus. Ten minutes exposure to seawater is enough to kill Zombies. To deal with Zombies, the prefered weapon are shotguns firing salt loaded shells (known as Corpseshot). A high sodium diet can make a body very hostile to spores, but this is not advisable due to health consequences.

Among the people which hate Zombies the most art bio-artificers, as Zombies can ruin perfectly good components. Butchers hate them for similar reasons.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Terran Sphere) A Comparison between a Novan and a CDW Frigate classes. These two represent the most common frigates used by said powers.

The Tercio class is the smaller of the two, massing about 10,000 tonnes less than the Xiongnu and has a slight acceleration advantage (About 5% more than the Xiongnu). As with the Xiongnu, the Tercio comes in three varients based off their non point defense arsenal, Missile (armed with antiship missiles), beam (armed with a forward a laser cannon) and Assault (armed with both, at the expense of laser cannon rate of fire and missile launcher magazine capacity). The one pictured above is of the Assault catagory. The Tercio is fairly simple in general design, allowing for fast production and reduction of spare parts demand per ship. This comes at the cost of internal redundancy in most mechanical areas. The main exceptions to this rule lies in life support compartmentalization, which is very thorough for a ship of this size and manuvering thrusters. It is also fairly well armored for a frigate of it's size.

The Xiongnu is the larger of the two and has a greater degree of internal space, thus allowing for more extensive magazine loadout and internal redundancy. It also has double the range of the Tercio, although the Novans make up for this by having a larger number of fleet tankers. The most notable feature of the Xiongnu class is that of it's launch capacity, it has twelve missile launchers compared to the eight of the Tercio, allowing it much more powerful salvos, although CDW Frigate level missiles are somewhat smaller and lower range than Novan missiles. It also lacks in the area of counter missile capacity. It somewhat makes up for this in having heavier point defence laser clusters. These are longer ranged than Novan point defense lasers, but are more expensive. They also have a notable weakness in that it is possible to flank a Xiongnu's point defense lasers, were as the Tercio's flanks are just as strong if not stronger than the frontal arsenal. It also has less armor than a Tercio, while it is better at taking damage to it's internal systems it is more likely to suffer internal damage in firefights. Despite this, the Xiongnu is in general able to best the Tercio with equal numbers, although the Xiongnu is about 35% more expensive to build than it's Novan Counterpart.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Pirate Lords) Nautilan War Submarine: Nautilans are an unusual group of people which first surfaced about fourty years ago. A Civilization of humans convinced that the future of human civilization resides under water, starting (according to what information can be extracted from a handful of survivors from destroyed Nautilan ships). Using advanced marine decades more advanced than anything modern society posseses, they have assembled fleets of submarines and hidden underwater settlements on remote sunken islands and the uncharted sections of the Southern Archipelligo. Nautilan subs use what is known as a reaction engine, a steam based system in which two chemicals (apparently derived from seaplants) are mixed together, causing them to burn without consuming any oxygen whatsoever. The exact mechanics of this system, and the plants and processes required to produce fuel for it have illuded the minds of non Nautilan engineers.

Most Nautilan activity is beneign in nature and is dedicated to oceanic research, salvage and so forth. That said, there are instances when Nautilans will launch attacks against surface ships using military submarines such as this one (This is a composite sketch made from various photographs), occasionally this is to aquire some specific cargo, destroy a warship which they see as being threatening or to extract information from it's crew, but still alot of these attacks are unprovoked. Some have suspected long term projects deep underwater, but their is no way to confirm these accusations. The number of attacks is still statistically and it is more likely for ships to be lost in storms, iceflows or attack by more conventional pirates than to the torpedos of Nautilan Raiders. Also are also rare raids against land based targets, mostly the military bases of those nations which attack them. These happen mostly at night using incindary shells. To repell attacks by local merfolk, Nautilan submarines are capable of admitting powerful sonic shockwaves which can stun or (if they get to close) kill local sealife.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Terran Sphere) Commonwealth Joint Star Force uniforms. The officers uniforms are sugnifigantly less extravagant than those of the Novan Imperial Navy. Commonwealth Uniforms have zippers instead of buttons for their jackets.

(Sorry that the colouring is a bit sloppy and the proportions are off)

Commonwealth of Democratic Worlds
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Terran Sphere) Novan Centurion class Destroyer firing off an energy broadside to do what Destroyers do best, Destroy Frigates. At the same time, it is taking a broadside from the Intersteller Protectorate frigates which it is engaged with, although the Destroyer is much more able to take damage than the frigates in question due to better armoring and improved internal redundancy. Laser impacts cause plumes of burning metal and ceramics to burst from the hull. The steam being ejected from the laser cannons is part of the cooling system. The Centurion class is fairly large for a Destroyer, massing it at about 400,000 tonnes and has the typical conical prow of a Novan Warship. Unlike Frigates, the Novan Imperial Navy assigns names to their destroyers instead of just hull numbers. This one is named after a figure from classical North American fiction who first appeared in the last decade of the first century BT.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

A Vault Dweller wandering the Wastelands hears an deep rubbling sound. He walks over and sees a strange little girl with glowing eyes carrying a strange needle device who tells him that she came from beneith the sea and is searching for angels. He then turns around and sees a massive lumbering form of metal and cloth with a drill for an arm. In panic he shoots at the monsterous brute, but this gets it mad. It lunges at the Vault Dweller who avades it for some time while the girl cheers it on, refering to the monster as "Mr. B" before it impales him through the chest, casting off the Vault Dweller's Dead form. The girl then continues on in search for Angels across the wasteland. A place that held many dangers, but just received a new one and would soon receive yet more in a catagory of insane mutants endlessly rambling on about things which are totaly irrelevent to the present situation but equiped with a fearsome array of powers. At the same time, its dwellers would soon find new items about, such as Adam and Plasmids.

Bioshock-Irrational Games
Fallout-Bethesda Softworks
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Revised version of the Novan Imperial Navy Officer's uniform (Specifically an Admiral (as well as an Earl in the Novan Peerage)) with a better Drawing. Partially Inspired by some Great War era german stuff.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OK. You need to seriously work on the whole head neck face thing, unless you are purposely trying to draw E.T..
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Havok wrote:OK. You need to seriously work on the whole head neck face thing, unless you are purposely trying to draw E.T..
I shall endevor to improve in these areas.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Novan Imperial Army GR-4 Bladewolf Countergravity Attack Vehicle

More information can be found Here
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Zor wrote:
Havok wrote:OK. You need to seriously work on the whole head neck face thing, unless you are purposely trying to draw E.T..
I shall endevor to improve in these areas.

Zor
On tip that may help... the jaw 'corner', where it turns up towards the ear, as a general rule, should never be higher than the mouth.
As it stands now, on your last three military guys, you have it lining up with the bottom of the nose. Way too high.

Another tip, for the angle you are using, is that the neck should 'come out' of the ear. But for the faces you have now, don't just elongate the face, you need to just move the whole head back. Your face proportions are OK, aside from the jaw line thing.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Novan Imperial Marine in Dress Uniform. The armor is, while light and adornd with a reflective decorative glossy enamal in green and gold and leather straps, actual body armor able to resist shrapnal and some light small arms fire.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
maxcreigs
Redshirt

Post by maxcreigs »

Its really great that you are creating all this sketches nicely.
Those are really cool sketches.
Just now what need is the appropriate color and the sketches will be awesome.
We must change in order to survive.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Luke von Skywalker, Admiral of the Alliance Navy. Born to the prominant Skywalker Family of the Galactic Empire, Luke and his Sister were spirited from the Reich's Territory by their mother the Baroness Padme von Naboo in infancy, who gave her life in asuring they excaped from Imperial Space. He has proven to be a more than capable Admiral, having secured numerous victory's for the Alliance against the forces of the Palpatine Dynasty, including seizing control of the Reich's infamous Totstern fortresss (Thanas, i apologize in advance if i got this wrong).

This was inspired by the name of the Star Wars: Galactic Heroes line of toys, which gave me the idea to try to combine these two space opera epics together.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

My take on the Skaven, redesigning them somewhat. (They are normally not naked).

First off, Skaven are (in general) not chaos affliated. The Horned Rat is not a Chaos god. There are a few Chaos worshiping skaven, but these are few and far between and would be classified as Chaos soldiers. Warpstone is also divorced from chaotic magics.

In terms of behavior, Skaven are in general quite social creatures and are, as a rule, no more prone to anti-social behavior as Humans. The main problem comes in the matter of Skaven Reproduction. Skaven breed at a much higher rate than humans and are generally faced with Malthusian problems and it is common for Skaven groups to exceed an areas carrying capacity and push out in search of additional resources.

By virtue of numbers, Skaven could have taken over the world long ago if it was not for a basic psycological trait of the Skaven. Skaven tend to interact very well among the group to which they are established in (not nessisarally Skaven exclusive), but are very much distrusting towards outsiders. The result is that Skaven clans generally have a very hard time working together and will often infight. They will also try to subjugate other groups to service their group. The Most powerful Clans have large numbers of vassel clans underneith them. That said, Skaven are capable of accepting non Skaven into their groups and Skaven can be established into non Skaven groups if they are raised up in said groups. There are a few Skaven which lack this tendancy towards Xenophobia and allow for indirect co-operation between Skaven clans.

Skaven are notable for possessing a natural resistance to the negative effects of Warpstone and as such, make use of it to various ends (magitech weapons, Genetic Engineering and so forth). Skaven also have a tendancy towards excessive compulsive behavior, Savantism and ADHD.

Basically the idea was to take a creature designed as being fundametally evil and make them into still interesting but morally neutral creatures.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(First of a two parter)

Vampires are been beleived to come into existance during the early iron age, but entered a period of major proliferation (as well as expansion out of the range outside of Eastern Europe) in the 19th and 20th centuries. While the vast majority of vampiric hematophagic activities have been restricted to the blood placental mammals for reasons of convenience and self preservation, the narcotic effects of consuming the blood of great apes has driven a small but continiously active precentage to prey upon human citizens, as well as vampires which used their enhanced strenth, dexterity, durability and reaction times for criminal aims due to the virus's supression of empathy. Vampires have been hunted by various nations, from US Martials in the western United States to the Kempeitai and various experiments have been have been employed, from SS experiments involving the infection Jewish prisoners and Soviet POWs and experimentation and discetion upon them with the aim of finding ways to improve the master race or create a superior breed of Untermensch slaves to the Crimson Defender program used during the great patriotic war, in which captured vampires (which were beforehand simply executed) were employed as shock troops against Nazi forces. Through cover-ups, fiction and vampires avoiding exposure, the general populace would for a long time remain unaware of Vampires.

In 2037, after several notable developments in Neuroscience, nanotechnology and Pharmaceutical, the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the EU agreed to a program for a long term plan for the vampire population. Concerted efforts were put to finding vampires, both beneign and agressive in a specialized crackdown. Said Vampires were processed in a variety of facillities, documented and catalouged (including many born vampires that existed with no official status). The most notable advent which made these endevors possible was that Vampire Psycopathy could be delt with using Cybernetic Implants known informally as a Prosthetic Conciouses.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

(Terran Sphere) Lady Admiral Susan Park (Third Herzog Park) of the Novan Imperial Navy's Tenth Fleet's second Armada plans an attack against an Intersteller Protectorate naval base in a baren but strategically important system. The destruction or capture of said base would severely restrict the Protectorate's ability to lash out against Imperial shipping in the surrounding 15 light year area. Positioning and assembly of a fleet early before battle is often a critical factor, a singular large fleet is easy to flank. This holographic interface streamlines the basics of working out what formations are best suited for the job.
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Before the war of 2077, the Chinese government engaged a program which parralled the American Vault program. Fearing the consequences of thermonuclear war, a series of shetlers to house various selected citizens were built. A fair number of them survived the conflict, while the war and the after effects of it had there effect on China.

A hundred years latter, Shelter 37 opened it's doors and a survivor wandered out into what was once Sichuan Province, a scout to examine the world around the vault. Given an assault rifle, a wrist mounted computer and his Mao Suit, he would make many suprising discoveries and his choices and actions would re-shape the world around him.

(This drawing stems from this basic idea, what happened in China after the War in the Fallout Universe?)
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor