Q3 2010 Art Gallery Nominations (experimental) (NSF 56k)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Beowulf
The Patrician

Q3 2010 Art Gallery Nominations (experimental) (NSF 56k)

Post by Beowulf »

Due to the rather low response rate to last month's nomination thread, I'm making this for the next 3 months. Rules are the same:

Just as the title says - this thread is for nominating posters who have some work that you - yes, you - would like to see in the Art Gallery.

How this works:
  • 1. Come up with a person you want to nominate (not yourself).
    2. Find some of their work that they have posted in AM&P (any medium) - between five and ten examples are enough. The work you pick is the evidence for your nominee.
    3. Post!
    I nominate So-and-so for this stuff he did:
    [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img]
(Obviously there's no need to nominate someone who already has a thread in the Gallery. However, it may be worthwhile if e.g. their Gallery thread is all about 3D renders and you think their electronic music deserves recognition.)

Important Mod Note: Since an artist's work is the property of that artist, don't re-host without permission. The best way to show your evidence would be to copy the tags from where it was originally posted. If a person objects to having their tags copied like this, they can let me know and I will sort it out.

What happens next? During the two weeks of the quarter there will be a poll in which the board at large votes on which set of work posted in that thread they like the best. The winner will then have their thread added to the Art Gallery.

Helpful hint: If you want your nominee to win, try to pick stuff they did that will be recognized as good by the largest possible number of people. If your nominee doesn't win and you really want them to, you can nominate them again the next month - but you might want to pick different work.

Caveat: If a person who wins an Art Gallery thread starts filling it with work way below the standard of the work that starts the thread, the inferior work will be shunted back to the main forum and the quality work will remain in place. There are two reasons for this:
  • 1. The vote is on the work presented, not the poster (unlike the Senate nomination system).
    2. The gallery is a showcase, and showcases need to be curated.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan