it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13016
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Havok » 2008-11-08 02:46pm

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:STRAK LAZERPEW CUNTS FOR EYES SOCIOPATHS YO MAMMA EPFAIL VENDETTAS SENATORS SUCK!
Fixed that for you. :lol:
Image
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

User avatar
Surlethe
HATES GRADING
Posts: 12265
Joined: 2004-12-29 03:41pm

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Surlethe » 2008-11-08 03:15pm

People can dislike xkcd because they don't find it funny, they think it's poorly drawn, or whatever, but to accuse its author of being a creepy stalker because he tends to name female characters "Megan" and self-inserts every once in a while is just comical. :lol:
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass

User avatar
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican
Posts: 16465
Joined: 2002-07-11 07:59pm
Location: Delaware
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by RedImperator » 2008-11-08 03:21pm

There's too much comedy gold to allow this thread to die. Up to AMP with you!
Image
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues

User avatar
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight
Posts: 973
Joined: 2008-04-25 02:46pm
Location: Get off my lawn

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Darth Nostril » 2008-11-08 03:31pm

A thread getting moved up from testing?
I think I need to go sit down somewhere quiet for a while.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW

User avatar
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3852
Joined: 2004-03-10 07:23pm
Location: Yar Yar Hump Hump!
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Oni Koneko Damien » 2008-11-08 06:58pm

RedImperator wrote:There's too much comedy gold to allow this thread to die. Up to AMP with you!
Since it was tossed to AMP as opposed to HOS, I'm assuming the 'comedy gold' is meant in a good way.
havokeff wrote: Oh, and apparently you can site webcomics as proof and evidence in an argument now. :wink:
If your argument is, "Hey, this is pretty funny, see?" then yeah, I don't see why not.

If your argument is, "This man is a creepy stalker because he has characters say lines in an absurd, fictional world filled with random people dying messily with no consequences, memes that have the power to topple nations, and a person in a wicked cap who can steal nuclear submarines, that if said in the real world, would be sorta creepy," then I think that might be stretching things a little.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee

User avatar
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican
Posts: 16465
Joined: 2002-07-11 07:59pm
Location: Delaware
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by RedImperator » 2008-11-08 07:16pm

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:
RedImperator wrote:There's too much comedy gold to allow this thread to die. Up to AMP with you!
Since it was tossed to AMP as opposed to HOS, I'm assuming the 'comedy gold' is meant in a good way.
I thought the debate was silly enough to be funny, substantive enough to be worthy of preservation, and not shitty enough for the HOS.

On an unrelated note, I will give the creator of Electronic Tigers this much credit: he must be a pretty talented artists to draw all that one-handed. Rarely do you get the opportunity to see exactly what someone's masturbatory fantasy looks like.
Image
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues

User avatar
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 13772
Joined: 2002-09-12 12:47am
Location: OREGON
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Uraniun235 » 2008-11-08 07:49pm

speaking of shitty webcomics do people still read Megatokyo?
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
Image
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk

User avatar
VF5SS
Sith Devotee
Posts: 3281
Joined: 2002-07-04 07:14pm
Location: Neither here nor there...
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by VF5SS » 2008-11-08 10:27pm

Spanky reads it. I wonder if its still as popular with the new weeaboos.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。

User avatar
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2569
Joined: 2006-10-10 08:15pm
Location: The Money Store

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by TithonusSyndrome » 2008-11-09 03:05am

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Now THIS is a fine comic! FUCK YEAH!
OH NO SHROOMY RUFFIANS

I HAVE DISPATCHED THEM LITTLE GIRL YOU ARE SAFE
Image

User avatar
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Posts: 945
Joined: 2005-05-31 02:10am
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Instant Sunrise » 2008-11-09 04:57pm

If I asked you which webcomic author was FUCKING CRAZY, and you answered "Dan Lacey, author of Faithmouse," You would be RIGHT!

Image
Hi, I'm Liz.
Image
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr

User avatar
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3852
Joined: 2004-03-10 07:23pm
Location: Yar Yar Hump Hump!
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Oni Koneko Damien » 2008-11-09 05:58pm

Obamavamp seems to have two left hands there.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee

User avatar
Darth Raptor
Red Mage
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2003-12-18 03:39am

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Darth Raptor » 2008-11-09 08:02pm

Michelle Obama is a BLACK WIDOW. Get it? Actually... no. I don't. Man, that doesn't even make sense. Is she going to be a widow who is black? Is she going to kill him and mate with his headless body? I'm not getting the racist analogy here.

Shit like that from people like him are just Obama endorsements in my mind. If Faithmouse and that RLC toolbox actually liked him, I would be having second thoughts.

User avatar
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Posts: 945
Joined: 2005-05-31 02:10am
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Instant Sunrise » 2008-11-10 02:30am

Well let's look at another fucking crazy political webcomic, this one is a bit more left-leaning. This way the thread is "fair and balanced."

"Minimum Security" by Stephanie McMillan:

Image
Thanks! I never knew that Bu$h was arresting people for not eating at McDonalds. I will write my congressman

Image
Whelp, the two-party system useless pack it up boys.

Image
Bu$h is Hitler, you heard it here first ladies and gents (To be fair, this was 2006 so not every single person in America hated Bush, just most of them.)

Image
I have never heard of this genocide before.

Image
Whelp, one product that I use may be harmful, turn to completely change everything, because I am the American consumer.

There are crazies all over the political spectrum who draw comics and place them on the INTERNET. It is my hobby, nay, my DUTY to condense them into this thread.
Hi, I'm Liz.
Image
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13016
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Havok » 2008-11-10 06:47am

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Obamavamp seems to have two left hands there.
Get it?
Image
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

User avatar
tim31
Sith Devotee
Posts: 3388
Joined: 2006-10-18 03:32am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by tim31 » 2008-11-10 08:59am

I didn't until you pointed it out *facepalm*
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage

User avatar
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
Posts: 5776
Joined: 2004-02-26 09:44pm

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Phantasee » 2008-11-10 11:28pm

havokeff wrote:
Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Obamavamp seems to have two left hands there.
Get it?
I still don't get it.
XXXI

User avatar
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 1864
Joined: 2007-09-27 05:16am

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Zablorg » 2008-11-11 12:37am

Phantasee wrote:
havokeff wrote:
Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Obamavamp seems to have two left hands there.
Get it?
I still don't get it.
He's got two left hands cause he's so far on the LEFT! Hohohoho!
Jupiter Oak Evolution!

User avatar
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2569
Joined: 2006-10-10 08:15pm
Location: The Money Store

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by TithonusSyndrome » 2008-11-11 01:03am

Zablorg wrote:
Phantasee wrote:I still don't get it.
He's got two left hands cause he's so far on the LEFT! Hohohoho!
I guess that makes more sense. I thought it was supposed to be some kind of reference to the Baphomet, initially.
Image

User avatar
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3852
Joined: 2004-03-10 07:23pm
Location: Yar Yar Hump Hump!
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Oni Koneko Damien » 2008-11-11 05:57am

havokeff wrote:
Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Obamavamp seems to have two left hands there.
Get it?
Image
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee

User avatar
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!
Posts: 21166
Joined: 2003-05-11 08:39am
Location: Bleeding breasts and stabbing dicks since 2003
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Shroom Man 777 » 2008-11-11 07:54am

I find that Obama vampire brontosaurus thing to be particularly hilarious! :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!

User avatar
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Posts: 945
Joined: 2005-05-31 02:10am
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Instant Sunrise » 2008-11-11 10:03pm

Today is veterans day, I wonder how that Electronic Tigers guys is celebrating it-

Image

Airman you are out of uniform.

US Air Force, our soldiers are so disciplined that they do not move at all while they are speaking.

EDIT: haha, holy shit I just noticed the mouse cursor in Panel 2. This guy is clearly watching every detail of his own comic strip with the same attentiveness as the Department of Homeland Security.
Hi, I'm Liz.
Image
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr

User avatar
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master
Posts: 1085
Joined: 2006-04-21 11:13pm
Location: Planet P. Its a bug planet.

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Pulp Hero » 2008-11-12 09:29am

Wait, where is the (intentional) joke in that strip?
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.

Samuel
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4750
Joined: 2008-10-23 11:36am

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Samuel » 2008-11-12 11:45am

Pulp Hero wrote:Wait, where is the (intentional) joke in that strip?
There is none.

User avatar
Akumz Razor
Youngling
Posts: 144
Joined: 2008-06-23 03:36pm
Location: TV Hill
Contact:

Re: it's a shitty webcomics jamboree! [a lot of images itt]

Post by Akumz Razor » 2008-11-12 01:44pm

I'm pretty sure the frame of the girl kissing the Airman is an homage of that famous photo from VJ Day. The gender reversal could be seen as a humorously ironic, I suppose.
The simplest solution takes the shortest time to write down.

"My homies!" - Shatner

"The women!!" - Spock

"He's no better than Shatner!" - Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton re: Leonard Nimoy

-cinemaphotography-

Post Reply