A Marine, Sailor, Airman and Soldier walk into a bar....

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Coyote wrote: Image

heeheehee... :twisted: :P :wink:
Pretty sure that would be "ho ho ho", unless I've missed another Special Edition.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Lonestar wrote: He's being sarcastic. The fatman is always the sailor!

EDIT: Unless, of course, there are two fatmen. Then the fatter of the two is a Chief.

Only because I resemble that remark myself. :)

Not sure if I'm fat enough to be a Chief though, which is kind of disappointing because that means that after 20 I'd still just be a fat E-6. :(
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Beowulf wrote:My wife declined to come. Do have a shot of Rob's date. Didn't get a shot of Wilkens's wife. Not going to put up the pic unless Rob okays it though.
Go for it, I'm sure others have pics of us as well from the quick trip to new york. Now if you'll excuse me *throws down smoke bomb* ROB AWAY.

*Newbies on forum* who was that masked man?
*Everyone else* damned if I know, wasn't there someone called Rod Wilson here before? Or was it Rob Wilton... Ah who cares.
:P
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

He's our caterer. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Rob! You're back!

Are you going to be around for a bit or are you going to disappear for another few years?
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

J wrote:Rob! You're back!

Are you going to be around for a bit or are you going to disappear for another few years?
I'm kinda surprised no one has figured this out yet, but Rob does not actually exist. He's a creature generated by the imagination of the Mess.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

You lot are adorable :P.
I guess they really do only send the tough personnel overseas though, you have rather less musclemass than what I'm used to in foreign personnel.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

DEATH wrote:You lot are adorable :P.
I guess they really do only send the tough personnel overseas though, you have rather less musclemass than what I'm used to in foreign personnel.
Damn, that just begs to be taken out of context!

I mean, mang, that sounds like something Einy (or I) would say :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
DEATH wrote:You lot are adorable :P.
Damn, that just begs to be taken out of context!

I mean, mang, that sounds like something Einy (or I) would say :lol:
True, but that's mainly due to the fact that you lack any context (To put it in) :P .
Want me to link you to those muscular specimens? :P
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Lonestar wrote:

I'm kinda surprised no one has figured this out yet, but Rob does not actually exist. He's a creature generated by the imagination of the Mess.
Pshaw, everyone thinks I'm one of your sockpuppets.

Or am I???? :wtf:
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Disappearing until december.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lonestar wrote:

Yeah, it's a drag taking a turn as Rob, but it was that or a turn in the barrel. BTW it's your turn at to be Rob next month isn't it? Or is it Cody's turn, I really should read the rota more often.

Image Image
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Lonestar wrote:I'm kinda surprised no one has figured this out yet, but Rob does not actually exist. He's a creature generated by the imagination of the Mess.
Actually we've figured that out already, but Wilkens sent a hit team after us so we had to keep quiet. Damn, that was dumb, now he's really going to kill us.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

muse wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I'm kinda surprised no one has figured this out yet, but Rob does not actually exist. He's a creature generated by the imagination of the Mess.
Actually we've figured that out already, but Wilkens sent a hit team after us so we had to keep quiet. Damn, that was dumb, now he's really going to kill us.
Pay not attension to the little red dot on your chest.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red