Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Okay, wait, back up the truck...

If I got the gist right, Pick, you essentially sleep on a rug on the floor? :?
Yeah, except for the "essentially" bit. :P
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wow.

And Spanky, I will make it a point to show the Grey-Alien-Elf-Demon to Peregrin :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote: By the way, Ford, van Gogh was more than just eccentric or "emo." It's widely believed that he was manic depressive or schizophrenic (mind though that he only painted during his lucid states).
I know that Spanky; however I'm not about to say:
Hey, it just adds a layer of schizophrenia to your persona as a drop dead awesome artist. Like Van Gogh, but not as manic depressive.
Or something similiar, because, yeah, that's just silly. More correct in regards to van Gogh perhaps, but still a rather more silly thing to say to Pick. And also, is your current (at time of posting) avatar Asuka, armed?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes, pepper spray is insufficiant to deal with the like of shinji....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Yes, she is.

Original image:

I have three avatars in total based on that image, each with different lighting:

Image Image Image
These are mine, so don't steal them.

My apologies, Pick.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Simplistic cel-shaded pic of
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

something I've wondering if Umber is just 6'2'' (I'm about 6'4'' so that's why I said "just"(I imagined them (at least older ones) to be alot taller) how tall are the rest?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I would complain that there isn't enough blood for the Return from Zantim (I actually thought that was spelt with an X there; though that's Xelorenden), but that's a minor quibble. There's also angst, and angst makes me want to main and destroy. I can get over it though - as usual, very cool. The Verdy pic is also very cleanly coloured. I like. :D

Also, Spanky, your skills with altering the lighting in that picture are plain awesome.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Verdigris pic is quite awesome; one doesn't usually notice her elbow spikes in more head-on pics.

Is that thing in front of Hoquer a sythe?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Lord Revan wrote:something I've wondering if Umber is just 6'2'' (I'm about 6'4'' so that's why I said "just"(I imagined them (at least older ones) to be alot taller) how tall are the rest?
Noting the feet, eye color, and hands, this isn't an old Umber at all. Umber as he is in the actual story is much, much taller than this --not only because of age, but also because he currently digitigrade whereas this is when he still had flat feet. He's well into the realm of eight feet. You can actually always tell Umber's approximate age by his feet :wink:. He's probably only 50-120 in this picture, which makes 6 2" actually quite sizeable for one of my little elfy freaks :).

I've actually been meaning to do a comparative height chart. Maybe I could do that sometime soon :D.
Ford Prefect wrote:I would complain that there isn't enough blood for the Return from Zantim (I actually thought that was spelt with an X there; though that's Xelorenden), but that's a minor quibble.
There probably would be blood if I colored it, despite the fact that I'm sure he would have cleaned it off before he came home :P. To answer Noble Ire's question at the same time, Hoquer uses the sythe as his bladed weapon, the silver band that I don't draw very often as an aid in his magical attacks, and his hands if he wants to simply tear things apart if that is easiest.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Verdigris' head doesn't quite look right... like it's twisted around a bit too much...

Aside from that, looks good. :)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Like Heru said, Verdigris' head looks kind of like a bobblehead in there, especially with the long neck. Other than that though, I love the pic since it shows Verdigris in a tad more feminine light than usual. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Elheru Aran wrote:Verdigris' head doesn't quite look right... like it's twisted around a bit too much...
I find it funny which people only show up when they have a fault to point out.

Also, what benefit is there to mentioning this? As "head turned too far" is not a frequently recurring problem with my artwork, there is no reason to mention it to stem a frequent pattern. Additionally, this is not on a sketch, so there is no way that this could actually be rectified --much less worth the time involved in trying. What you should have said, if you had any intent to be constructive, would be "You should be more careful with necks in the future". There isn't much of a point to nitpicking an early step in a finished picture.

I don't particularly care, but I simply cannot understand where people think this kind of comment is useful to an artist.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Verdigris would have a fascinating skeleton. Is it characteristic of the Zaa to have traits that are extensions of the skeleton? Claws and horns that are little more than bone instead of covered in horn like other azzarn?

Aww... *pats Hoquer consolingly*
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:(Don't let Simon see that or you'll never hear the end of it...) :P
Why? It's just a demon-elf thing which happens to have the pigmentation of a Grey. It's no more a Grey than those lesbian space pirates in Consider Phlebas. (Gow and Kee-Alsophorus, they were called IIRC)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

C'mon Per, be nice and comment on the lady's awesome work.

And spout something nutty about Grey aliens crossbreeding their bioluminescent semen with elves and demons!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Verdigris would have a fascinating skeleton. Is it characteristic of the Zaa to have traits that are extensions of the skeleton? Claws and horns that are little more than bone instead of covered in horn like other azzarn?
Yes, all Zaa have bone extensions. You can tell a Zaa from anyone else, as they are the only people with that particular trait, and they all demonstrate it --and never anything uncharacteristic. Basically, they're purebred, but there's enough of them that they aren't really inbred. They had their own nation, even, before it was crushed by the Syvorians.

They're also the only people who can eat large quantities of bone.
Peregrine Toker wrote: Why? It's just a demon-elf thing which happens to have the pigmentation of a Grey. It's no more a Grey than those lesbian space pirates in Consider Phlebas. (Gow and Kee-Alsophorus, they were called IIRC)
Demons?! Demons?! "Elf" I can handle, "fruity bastards" I can handle, but demons?! That's so judgemental! :lol: Poor little Edge! I swear, once you get huge horns, fangs, claws, and teeny little eyes everyone suddenly things that you're bad :cry:.

Damnit, Umber, go get your UFO!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

So they're more like a vast kida instead of a true subspecies? Sorry, I love xenobiology.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Hehe. It's definitely not everyone who can make stuff like that in their backyard, that's for sure. I couldn't, that's for sure.

Oh, and Verdigris should get his own comic book. Go-go androgynous grey-elf-demon-thingy with wierd spiky appendages!

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Verdigris is a her. Look! Boobs! :P
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Pick wrote:
Peregrine Toker wrote: Why? It's just a demon-elf thing which happens to have the pigmentation of a Grey. It's no more a Grey than those lesbian space pirates in Consider Phlebas. (Gow and Kee-Alsophorus, they were called IIRC)
Demons?! Demons?! "Elf" I can handle, "fruity bastards" I can handle, but demons?! That's so judgemental! :lol: Poor little Edge! I swear, once you get huge horns, fangs, claws, and teeny little eyes everyone suddenly things that you're bad :cry:.
Should I give you an e-hug as an apology? And would it have helped if I spelled it "daemon" instead?

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Darth Raptor wrote:Verdigris is a her. Look! Boobs! :P
Or an androgynous messiah. Lo and behold the Sama-Wajd, the hermaphroditic avatar of Jejoh! The perfect androgyne shall be Emperor-Empress of the known universe! Iä Slaanesh!

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:So they're more like a vast kida instead of a true subspecies? Sorry, I love xenobiology.
The Zaa consider themselves to be an entirely different species from the azzarn, but the azzarn, on the other hand, think of the Zaa as being simply another kida that happens to have an excessive degree of racial pride. No one is entirely sure which perspective is accurate, and the Zaa actively resist any efforts that would lend more data for examination. What is odd about the Zaa is they are clearly Evil like the Syvorians, but have a social structure that is actually very Llanellian.

Physically, the Zaa have darker skin, black hair, and straight horns from behind very long ears. Spikes tend to grow from their joints and the ends of their digits, as well as down their back. With enough development of traits, the Zaa will all show this same array of stuff. The azzarn often have trouble telling different Zaa apart, as their men and women look very similar, none of them cut their hair*, and their traits are comparatively uniform.

*The only thing Zaa will do that alters their physical appearance from its natural state is pierce their ears.
Giving a short snort, Verdigris replied darkly, “We are proud, but we aren’t unrealistic. We are immensely strong, intelligent, and magically inclined. More than that, we have the Laws. Why wouldn’t we treat you azzarn with contempt?”
The Zaa are rather unusual, however, as Verdigris said. On average, they are much more powerful than azzarn. They're strong, excellent with most magic, and quite shrewd. Basically, their worst weaknesses are their dietary requirements and lack of population. Still, they are stubborn, and haven't given up hope of regaining their former role, kind of like a desperate ex-boyfriend :P.
Peregrine Toker wrote: Or an androgynous messiah.
Nobody is genderless in Dark Councilors, and I would never draw a man with boobs. The eventual realization of gender would just be too cruel to those who just jerked off to it five minutes prior :lol: :luv:.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Pick wrote:I find it funny which people only show up when they have a fault to point out.
<_<
>_>
Ish prettah! :luv:
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:By the way, Ford, van Gogh was more than just eccentric or "emo." It's widely believed that he was manic depressive or schizophrenic (mind though that he only painted during his lucid states).
For the record, Van Gogh painted in his crazy-as-fuck states too, including the paintings he made shortly before he killed himself. You can actually look at a chronological listing of his paintings and tell when he was doing OK and when he was out of his mind. When he got to his bad place, his painting style becomes desperate. While the Wheat Field With Crows likely wasn't his last piece before he died, on contrary to popular belief, you can really see what a bad place he was in there.

They aren't sure what was wrong with Van Gogh, because they lacked any diagnosis then, but he did respond well to the Moral Therapy Home (St. Paul's, I believe) he was in for a period where he did some of his better work, so if he had schizophrenia (which is possible), it wasn't a severe case of it. He was fucked up in the noggin and was a consistant failure at life, but worse, he was a failure at death as well... he committed suicide by shooting himself in the stomache, which is one of the most lingering and painful sorts of deaths. Whatever he had, he was powerfully crazy most of the time.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter