Picture of my desktop & my cat (wide image)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Xon
Sith Acolyte

Picture of my desktop & my cat (wide image)

Post by Xon »

linky

The plastic bowl contains water for my cat, since he doesnt like drinking from the dog's water bowl. That is a 19" monitor and my cat hangs over the edges...

:edit: sick of the damn image breaking the page formating.
:edit2: fixed stupid tag
Last edited by Xon on 2005-05-29 09:22am, edited 2 times in total.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Zis is not good for ze monitor. cat hairs and electronic do not mingle all too well :)
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

19"??? Your cat is HUGE :mrgreen:

Honestly that monitor looks a bit too undersized to be 19"
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Actually, my cat would hang over my 19" monitor as well... Part of it is that the fur makes him seem bigger, but cats are actually pretty long.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Dahak wrote:Zis is not good for ze monitor. cat hairs and electronic do not mingle all too well :)
True, while the top bit were he is sitting on is a solid plastic base, furthur back is a grilled plastic for airflow.
Comosicus wrote:19"??? Your cat is HUGE :mrgreen:

Honestly that monitor looks a bit too undersized to be 19"
By 19" monitor, that refers to the viewable distance from the bottem left corner to the top right.

That paw & the tail often make using my computer somewhat difficult. At least he doesnt walk over the keyboard :P
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That's one cute cat, I wish my cat would sit there and keep me company :)
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Not only is he cute, (and oh so fluffy) but he follows me around my home. A very lovable personality too :)

Why the hell someone would dump him at the cat haven I dont know. My gain :D
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

glad solauren's cat doesn't do that. it would drive me nuts. cause he'd probably paw at my face the whole time
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

You know, I have a picture of my cat doing the same thing about a month ago. Here it is.

image now doesn't break formatting. :-)

I'm not that dirty normally, I promise.
Last edited by Mitth`raw`nuruodo on 2005-05-29 06:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Great pics, both of you.
Cats and computers don't go together very well but they're incredibly cute when they don't.
The cats, not the computers.
@Mrs Kendall: Be careful what you wish for. Having a cat around when you're at your computer almost inevitably means that the cat will
a) walk across your keyboard,
b) lay down on your keyboard and demand to be petted,
c) actually go to sleep on your keyboard, and quite possibly
d) all of the above.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Drunk Monkey
Padawan Learner

Post by Drunk Monkey »

Batman wrote:Great pics, both of you.
Cats and computers don't go together very well but they're incredibly cute when they don't.
The cats, not the computers.
@Mrs Kendall: Be careful what you wish for. Having a cat around when you're at your computer almost inevitably means that the cat will
d) all of the above.
If I had a dollar every time my cat did those I would be richer then Bill Gates.
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

Hey Mitth', who's house brand Dr. Pepper is that?
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

「かかっ―」
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

XaLEv wrote:http://www.zanesville.ohiou.edu/library ... serval.jpg
Even the big ones do it.
:shock:
Wow.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Awwww! Hands down I'm a cat person. Cats are so awesome. And adorable. And cuddly. And sweet. And-- :catches glare from room:

:oops:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Quadlok wrote:Hey Mitth', who's house brand Dr. Pepper is that?
:lol: Amusing that someone noticed. That would be Winn-Dixie brand Dr. Pepper. Winn-Dixie is more of a southeastern US grocery store, with their headquarters in Jacksonville. The stores I've seen are all horribly dirty, but the food is cheap and doesn't seem to have harmed anyone yet. :)

And I love cats. They're very low maintenance pets. Just make sure they have a place to pee and eat, and they'll do their own thing.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

Count me in as another cat person. I have two, and they are both very loving pets. Silver hops onto my keyboard and mousepad often enough, but she'll usually settle for sitting on my lap (although this can make typing difficult).

Very cute photos. :)
I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Batman wrote: @Mrs Kendall: Be careful what you wish for. Having a cat around when you're at your computer almost inevitably means that the cat will
d) all of the above.
Uh Yeah, I soooo would NOT mind if that happened, I love my cat and she can sit anywhere she likes, even on my tummy while I'm trying to sleep, I love her so much, but she's one of those solitary cats, she'll come to you for treats and attention but other than that she would prefer to sit with the kids or on her own in one of their rooms :)
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

Its too bad my moniter is a LCD flat screen, lol. My cat doesn't like to be pet though (except the head), so she doesn't do those cute things =)
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Mrs Kendall wrote:
Batman wrote: @Mrs Kendall: Be careful what you wish for. Having a cat around when you're at your computer almost inevitably means that the cat will
d) all of the above.
Uh Yeah, I soooo would NOT mind if that happened, I love my cat and she can sit anywhere she likes, even on my tummy while I'm trying to sleep, I love her so much, but she's one of those solitary cats, she'll come to you for treats and attention but other than that she would prefer to sit with the kids or on her own in one of their rooms :)
I can only conclude you do not play computer games all that much.
A cat can get away with an absurd number of things with me (hey, I'm canonically a cat person :) )but nothing ruins a game of Doom or Quake nearly as fast as a cat jumping onto the keyboard and demanding attention.
And nothing can delay computer activities as long as a cat asleep on the keyboard, because who has it in his heart to disturb a sleeping cat?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Batman wrote:And nothing can delay computer activities as long as a cat asleep on the keyboard, because who has it in his heart to disturb a sleeping cat?
*raises hand*

Sorry, but sometimes I do, in fact, need to drive my car. Regardless of whether or not my cat is using it as a source of shade.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

My cat has learned his place.
The one time he tried annoying me at the computer was a very bad day for him. Now he is happy to watch me from a safe distance on his pillow on the couch...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

My cat thankfully doesnt walk on my keyboard(nor did my last cat either). As a 7kg cat, he will probably break the damn thing.

Walking in between my keyboard & monitor is a different story and fucking anoying.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Caius wrote:glad solauren's cat doesn't do that. it would drive me nuts. cause he'd probably paw at my face the whole time
Karsus know's better then to do that, thanks in part to him getting sprayed with water the one time he did it.

It would be cute however if he did it just once to you
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

ggs wrote:My cat thankfully doesnt walk on my keyboard(nor did my last cat either). As a 7kg cat, he will probably break the damn thing.
Not unless you have a really flimsy keyboard. Trust me on that.
@RogueIce: I vote that doesn't count. You merely removed the cat's source of shade. It's not your fault if the cat decides to be disturbed by that.
EDIT: And my most hearfelt thanks to whoever fixed the formatting of the thread.