Search found 555 matches

by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-07 08:32pm
Forum: Science, Logic, And Morality
Topic: Betelgeuse about to Supernova
Replies: 44
Views: 5283

Re: Betelgeuse about to Supernova

Zaune wrote:Good to know. I'd find it very hard to enjoy the spectacle if I thought there was a possibility we were also watching a civilisation die.
On the other hand, you could think about the planet that's going to receive a baby with superpowers.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-07 06:24pm
Forum: News and Politics
Topic: Another 'Lone Wolf' terrorist.
Replies: 27
Views: 2771

Re: Another 'Lone Wolf' terrorist.

ArmorPierce wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:The religion of peace strikes again.
You realize it was a christian attempting to blow up a bunch of muslims, not the other way around, right?
1. Shroom Man 777

2. Yes
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-07 03:52pm
Forum: STGOD role-playing games
Topic: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V
Replies: 1238
Views: 119926

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

fgalkin wrote: You just have to hope that this missile that costs as much as a small starship doesn't miss or get shot down.
Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Decoys. Lots, and lots, and lots, of nuclear decoys.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-07 03:50pm
Forum: STGOD role-playing games
Topic: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V
Replies: 1238
Views: 119926

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

No overmind means the karlack's true berserker fury is unleashed, great plan CN I expect nothing less from you. The Psychic influence of the Karlack aspects are basically the only thing stopping the Karlacks from running amock and trying to eat pretty much the entire galaxy. And also completely des...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-07 03:39pm
Forum: STGOD role-playing games
Topic: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V
Replies: 1238
Views: 119926

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

Sounds like the perfect thing to put on an anti-mothership warhead against the Karlacks.

No psychic power = No Overmind

Also, I can imagine it isn't something you would want near your exotic engines and power plants, what with all of the reality bending.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-04 07:32pm
Forum: Science Fiction
Topic: A subject in an Inquiry of mankind (RAR!)
Replies: 7
Views: 1072

Re: A subject in an Inquiry of mankind (RAR!)

Plead to them to let me have some of their stuff for research.

Then beg some more.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-04 02:51am
Forum: STGOD role-playing games
Topic: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V
Replies: 1238
Views: 119926

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

Well, I'm probably gonna get slaughtered in a few months, but at the very least, I'm going to destroy enough Haruhiist and Imperium ships to thaw the war in the Koprulu Zone. The coalition had better be prepared, too. 5000 x 8 is still less than my fleet even without system defenses. I just hope I c...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 10:38pm
Forum: Science Fiction
Topic: Resisting the superlaser.
Replies: 61
Views: 4348

Re: Resisting the superlaser.

Anything that can phase in and out of existence or whose shields work in non-conventional (for SF anyway) ways should be able to "survive a blast", albeit by "cheating". Abyss already mentioned a few such things with stasis fields et al. I'm not sure if it exists, but if a techbase can warp spaceti...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 10:10pm
Forum: Science Fiction
Topic: Resisting the superlaser.
Replies: 61
Views: 4348

Re: Resisting the superlaser.

I suppose the Shellworlds from Matter could probably survive a DS superlaser, albeit with damage. Not really enough information available to calculate but we know that they require a large amount of antimatter annihilated near to the core in order to destroy them, so they should be considerably mor...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 02:30am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Whoever uses this magical artifact is going to be a terrible matchmaker, especially if they are a useless internet permavirgin who has never experienced life or sex. How long does the effect last? Does the effect simply cause lust, or actual desire for a long term relationship? If the former, that ...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 02:08am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

General Zod wrote:
Chaotic Neutral wrote: Assuming you used them to get huge wad of cash while you were at it, you'll have most everything set for a happy life.
Except not everyone is morally bankrupt and capable of being happy while living a sham?
They work on yourself too.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 02:01am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

So it's a question of how bad it is to trample someone else's free will to make them happy then? Love =/= happiness. Assuming you used them to get huge wad of cash while you were at it, you'll have most everything set for a happy life. Lets say you shoot someone for a quick fuck. Then you set that ...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 01:38am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

No one has figured out any uses for the hate arrows yet? Ethical questions aside (and they are serious questions), I can't really think of any non-petty uses for either of the arrow types. What am I going to do, make a gal fall in love with me? Make someone in politics hate another person in politi...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 01:01am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

No one has figured out any uses for the hate arrows yet?
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 12:24am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

This is why philosophies based purely on the pursuit of happiness don't work, IMHO. Happiness is only as good as its underlying reason. You could have a world where everyone has their pleasure centers wired up and is tended to by robots, and of course they'd be happy as fuck and never feel pain, bu...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 12:07am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Because everyone involved turns out happy. It's one thing to say something is bad when someone loses, but mind control makes things more complicated. Then by that logic, undetected theft is okay because everyone's happy! The guy you stole it from is none the wiser, and you get something you didn't ...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-03 12:01am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

So it's a question of how bad it is to trample someone else's free will to make them happy then? Mind control makes you happy! After all, you don't know right? Someone else is pulling the strings, so it's perfectly okay! It's It's even more okay if you're the one pulling the strings to make that pe...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 09:07pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Yes, and your point is? This isn't an "Are you a beacon of morality?" thread. Besides, as long as you keep up your end of the relationship, they aren't going to ever regret it. Ah, so this is a "find out which one of these guys is sociopathic enough to give a fuck you to everyone else's free will" ...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 08:57pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

I still can't think of any uses of the hate arrows. Isn't this, in essence, just like that "What would you do if you had a death note?" RAR? Because the question of both basically boils down to "How willing are you to screw over your fellow man with supernatural powers?" No, because this actually ta...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 08:56pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Isn't this, in essence, just like that "What would you do if you had a death note?" RAR? Because the question of both basically boils down to "How willing are you to screw over your fellow man with supernatural powers?" No, because this actually takes more effort on your part than writing on a piec...
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 08:24pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

The arrows are invisible and intangible to everyone but you.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 08:03pm
Forum: News and Politics
Topic: It is official: Obama lied about his torture investigations
Replies: 75
Views: 5718

Re: It is official: Obama lied about his torture investigati

Yeah, cover the Republicans in shit. How is that supposed to hurt him politically?
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 07:51pm
Forum: Science Fiction
Topic: The best shape for Massive ships
Replies: 59
Views: 4743

Re: The best shape for Massive ships

Just give it a rotary Eclipse superlaser with however many it takes to get a RoF of 1 per second.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 07:36pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Re: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Also, once an arrow is used, it disappears.

An easy get-rich-quick scheme would be to just to shoot someone rich, and have them pay you money to shoot the person the fall in love with.
by Chaotic Neutral
2011-02-02 07:24pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)
Replies: 42
Views: 2319

Cupid gives you a bag of arrows (RAR)

Scenario A Cupid gets bored, and decides to watch a human screw around with his stuff. He gives you a bag of arrows that no one can see (bag and arrows are invisible), and the bag automatically refills up to a max of 1000 arrows total. Anyone hit or scratched by the arrows will fall madly in love wi...